• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm actually not even sure the 90 days applies right now with the appeal.
    It should certainly apply to someone applying under the DC good cause (G&S) scheme. That party of the law was written by DC and is still in place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    It should certainly apply to someone applying under the DC good cause (G&S) scheme.

What about applications submitted during the PI & w/ g&s of "self defense & all legal purposes."

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    What about applications submitted during the PI & w/ g&s of "self defense & all legal purposes."
    I am hearing they are being denied.

Business owner G&S is now tougher than MD because they are specifically asking for cash transactions.

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014

It would make sense that they would be denied within the 90 day period, as the reasoning doesn't fit within the district's G&S scheme, as currently allowed by the circuit. The no given reason folks will likely face the same, though I could see them holding the apps a la MD 365 under the premise that a win for them means they can deny at that time, but a win for us would mean people's court-acknowledged rights were denied, opening a new can of worms.

IANAL, but I do wonder what the recourse would be for someone denied for having no G&S if the circuit court rules against DC. Would they need to reapply (renew training, new app fees, new bg check), or would their denied app be opened back up for reconsideration (ideally on an expedited basis).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Perhaps DC will do as MD did, and just hold the apps until the appeal is decided. It would benefit both sides. DC doesn't have to process more apps, and the applicants aren't out more money.

Good question.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Perhaps DC will do as MD did, and just hold the apps until the appeal is decided. It would benefit both sides. DC doesn't have to process more apps, and the applicants aren't out more money.

Good question.

Exactly the reason I expect denial. If lightning strikes and Gura pulls a rabbit out of his a$$ and prevails, why wouldn't DC just not want to put denied applicants with bad timing due to squirrels dancing in their heads, through the pain again? Get some extra coin plus parking and speed camera fines too.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Definitely a possibility. But it might also mean less work for the FRS when they can go through the list of applicants that were denied simply because of no G&S and issue a permit.

But knowing DC, they'll probably opt for the denial and make you reapply.

That's why I'm waiting to see how this plays out. i have taken my DC law class and have all my paperwork ready to go. All I need is a favorable ruling and for DC to throw in the towel.

Probably wishful thinking but I'm a realist.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Definitely a possibility. But it might also mean less work for the FRS when they can go through the list of applicants that were denied simply because of no G&S and issue a permit.

But knowing DC, they'll probably opt for the denial and make you reapply.

That's why I'm waiting to see how this plays out. i have taken my DC law class and have all my paperwork ready to go. All I need is a favorable ruling and for DC to throw in the towel.

Probably wishful thinking but I'm a realist.

Your squirrel vaccine is up to date. I'll be getting my booster any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom