• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    Found an older Ruger Vaquero in .357. 43/4 barrel case hardened/blued. Only thing I see is the typical scratch line on the cylinder. Anyone have any experience with these? I have a ton of 38 brass and some 357 but no 38. Dad borrowed my old model 19 and haven't seen it since :D. I know they are somewhat popular but wanted to get y'all experience with them. Thanks.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Ruger's are very well built. If the price is right, you can't go wrong. I found them on GB from $400 used up to $550 new.

Another single action option is the Uberti.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I have a Vaquero in 357 and one in 45lc. I really like them. Look good, feel good, and shoot straight. Its the perfect gun to have with me when Im watching those John Wayne movies :thumbsup:

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Vaqueros seem to have the same internal works as the single action Blackhawks. Is there anydifference except the outward appearance?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Post the price and seller information.

I'm sure somebody here will be glad to let you if it was a good deal or not.

The Original Vaqueros were built on the heavier SBH frames unlike the new Vaqs that are on smaller, lighter frames to free more like a Colt SAA and appease the CAS crowd.

Don't forget, any Ruger has a lifetime warranty from Ruger and even if something is not covered, Ruger offers low cost factory repairs.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    He wants $440 for it @ Winks in Princess Anne. It has some age to it. I will have to get the serial number on it today and see if I can look the age of it up.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Buy it. Or get 2 more Ubertis for that much on that gun broker sale from a few weeks back. It's still going on. I wanna order another haha.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    Buy it. Or get 2 more Ubertis for that much on that gun broker sale from a few weeks back. It's still going on. I wanna order another haha.

If I got another 45 Colt based firearm it would be a lever to go with the SAA. You should try those Wolff Springs for the Uberti. Don't sneeze on that trigger.

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    The NMV is tough as nails but it won't have the same authentic "Colt 4 clicks" that the Uberti has because of the transfer bar safety. But, that transfer bar safety means you can safely carry it in the woods with 6 rounds in it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Good revolver, probably the easiest single action to own and shoot being the internals are "modern", and you don't have many of the issues a SAA clone has. I've owned a couple old and new style myself. For a Blued/hardened model $440 is about 50-$100 high for a used old model/large frame in good condition, although most MD shops tend to price high to begin with. I'd shop around, and if you can't come up with something, offer $400, or pay the asking price if you really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom