• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    This is exactly why i switched from a 9mm as my home defense and picked up a 12ga last week.

if anyone thinks they cannot miss with a shotgun, i respectfully suggest they shoot a couple of 3 gun matches. frankly i think everyone should shoot a few idpa, uspsa or 3 gun matches just to see how they, and their guns and gear actually work under a little stress.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    if anyone thinks they cannot miss with a shotgun, i respectfully suggest they shoot a couple of 3 gun matches. frankly i think everyone should shoot a few idpa, uspsa or 3 gun matches just to see how they, and their guns and gear actually work under a little stress.

I agree! I thought I was a pretty good shot until I started shooting steel challenge. Moving and a little added stress makes a big difference.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I've been told that a rule of thumb for an average person bird hunting is about 3 shells per bird.

Granted, people are bigger than doves or ducks, but they sure can move fast when a 12 gauge is pointed their way.

hup234

Feb 15, 2017
    In reading the article, I had to laugh.

"Detectives are urging anyone with information about this event to contact the Major Crimes Division ..."

Maybe the other suspect has a video?

Last edited:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Fail! in my book. The perp shot didn't reach room temperature. The other perp escaped. I recommend getting a green laser aiming device for those who can't come up with a sight picture under stress. All that needs doing is point and shoot.

Pure B/S. If you think that under the right stress you're any more likely to see that laser than a sight picture you're sadly mistaken.

You'd be amazed how many fails there are in force on force sims training at close range, with similar, among people who constantly train. Stress can be a bitch, even more when it's for real and when shit goes live the last thing you'll be doing is looking at any sight or aiming device when at close range.

cb51

I think the homeowner did just fine. Two shots fired, intruder on way to ER and jail, homeowner goes on with his life. Seems good enough.

As for the keyboard commandos here, how many of you chest thumping wannabes have ever actually shot anyone??? When you do, and you see the light go out of their eyes it stays with you the rest of your life and everything is different from then on. You don't want to kill anyone of its avoidable. Sending them to the ER is good enough.

Everyones a Rambo on the internet.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Kind of two questions. No you can't use deadly force to protect property. You can use deadly force when great bodily harm is reasonably perceived com'n at ya. The perp need not be armed. As far as someone walking in your house uninvited giving one carte blanche shooting them, no idea.

Perp did say he was going to kill homeowner. And there were two of them. That would put me in fear for my life.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Glad the right person went to the hospital. The resident of the next dwelling that the perp breaks into, and he will, wishes that the homeowner had used a shotgun instead of a handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom