• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'll just say this. Dale Earnhardt can only go as fast and to the capabilities of whatever car he is driving. If that's in a 75 VW bug, then you're only gonna get VW bug performance out of him. An instructor at a range where he doesn't own or write the lesson plans, can only do what that place allows them. A former SEAL, etc... cannot teach basic stance, grip, etc... any better than someone who wasn't, simply because of what the range facility says they can do.
    Don't veer off the lesson plan which is not yours. HTC didn't lose someone who made them known for their tactical classes and real world experience if they aren't teaching those classes.
    Not bashing the guy if it is in fact who I think he is, but maybe there's a reason why his company went **** up.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    you rang??? What's the deal?

Yes yes indeed! Look at "Specials" No doubt you'll despise the magazines though :(

..... An instructor at a range where he doesn't own or write the lesson plans, can only do what that place allows them. A former SEAL, etc... cannot teach basic stance, grip, etc... any better than someone who wasn't, simply because of what the range facility says they can do.

This really rings true with flight instructors. A Top Gun may be great for those making the grade to be taught at that level, but would probably not make the best basic flight instructor. Some very excellent NRA instructors are far from the best marksmen as well. Teaching is an art to itself. I taught a few in my trade that within a couple years time became better technicians than myself.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yes yes indeed! Look at "Specials" No doubt you'll despise the magazines though :(

This really rings true with flight instructors. A Top Gun may be great for those making the grade to be taught at that level, but would probably not make the best basic flight instructor. Some very excellent NRA instructors are far from the best marksmen as well. Teaching is an art to itself. I taught a few in my trade that within a couple years time became better technicians than myself.
    Specials at Heritage?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Attachments

• specials.jpg
      specials.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 410
    I love HTC and would highly recommend them to anyone in the shooting community new or old. Their safety brief was just that, brief maybe 10 mins. I saw somewhere on here a comment about how they are obsessed with pregnant women shooting, which was totally not true there was mention against it and that was it. I was worried because my sister just had a baby and didn't want her to feel uncomfortable as she still kinda looks preggers (sorry Sam ;) but we had no issues ) It is obviously against their rules as it should be. Beautiful facility and great customer service from the ladies at the front desk. I've been to both MGN and Heritage in the past 60 days and would definitely say I felt much more safe and welcome at Heritage. Nothing against the MGN they have a nice facility as well but not as big and there was a wait. I also felt like there were some definitely questionable people shooting near us, which can happen anywhere but I felt like the RSO's where more interested in checking out the women in leggings shooting a lane away from me then helping me out if needed. Heritage also has tons of classes and the virtual lab which is awesome! Used this for a class recently and plan to go back for a few more lessons. I also love the option for the new shooter range, and 30 days free shooting with free rentals. I loved this facility from the begging of the experience till the minute we walked out it was awesome. I have a family member who works there and has been trying to get me to come in for a while and I was glad when I did! In reading thru some of the drama on here from obvious or not so obvious ex employees who knows. I talked to him about some of the comments on here and a lot of it is ********. There are several people who have been with them since the begging and are still there and love their jobs or at least like them it seems. Just like any workplace, the good people never have time to go online and bash companies but people who get fired or are disgruntled have more than enough time to go online and talk smack. Check any companies reviews on indeed or other areas and all you'll see are bad reviews for the most part. Per my Cuz anyone who was let go definitely deserved it HTC doesn't seem to be the place that takes any crap or bad behavior what so ever. Always more than meets the eye or should we say the iron sights? Haha see what I did there? Alas what more can you ask for with two nice gun ranges in the same area or county? This is a great forum, but some people get so wrapped up in being the online "hero" get out and shoot and quit your bitchin' ;)

Jun 1, 2017
    Just a note about HTC. They advertise gun transfers for members as if it is a discount perk. But their policy is a joke:

You cannot transfer a gun they sell!!!

It is also not even really discounted. Handguns transfer at $50, which is standard most everywhere. How that is a member "perk" makes absolutely no sense to me.

I asked about this, and they said non-members aren't allowed to transfer, so that's why it's a perk. WHAT? lmao

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just a note about HTC. They advertise gun transfers for members as if it is a discount perk. But their policy is a joke:

You cannot transfer a gun they sell!!!

It is also not even really discounted. Handguns transfer at $50, which is standard most everywhere. How that is a member "perk" makes absolutely no sense to me.

I asked about this, and they said non-members aren't allowed to transfer, so that's why it's a perk. WHAT? lmao
    Intro? You should do that first.

Did you join just to trash an IP? Heritage is an expensive facility, I wouldn't expect to find discount pricing. It's the difference between McDonald's coffee and Starbucks. Choose what's right for you. No need to trash them.

Others charge as much as $75.

Welcome to the forum.

Jun 1, 2017
    Well, I paid $480 for my membership, so I was expecting a friendlier transfer policy. The fact that you can't even transfer a gun they sell is ridiculous. No one mentioned that when I joined. That's much more problematic than the fee. (They also told me handgun transfers were $25, but I can't really blame a retail girl who has probably been working there for a few days. She got it confused with long guns, so I'll let that slide.)

On the bright side, the free rentals with membership is nice. It's the main reason I joined. So there is value in a membership, but yes, the transfer thing really peeved me.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well, I paid $480 for my membership, so I was expecting a friendlier transfer policy. The fact that you can't even transfer a gun they sell is ridiculous. No one mentioned that when I joined. That's much more problematic than the fee. (They also told me handgun transfers were $25, but I can't really blame a retail girl who has probably been working there for a few days. She got it confused with long guns, so I'll let that slide.)

On the bright side, the free rentals with membership is nice. It's the main reason I joined. So there is value in a membership, but yes, the transfer thing really peeved me.
    I get where you are coming from and also had a negative experience at an IP. I was told $35 to transfer, once my gun arrived they held it hostage and demanded $75, even admitting they told me $35 over the phone. They wouldn't budge, I paid the $75 and I will never do business with them again. That being said I don't think Heritage is anything like the place I had issues with and $50 is the going rate at many dealers. Many won't transfer in what they have in stock or can get for you. All in all I think it's fair to say that Heritage is a premium experience and not a discount place. I have enjoyed my visits to Heritage.

Jun 1, 2017
    Many won't transfer in what they have in stock or can get for you.

I've only transferred a couple guns elsewhere, and I've never come across that policy so I was shocked. I'm glad there are places that don't do this, or else saving money online on anything but obscure guns would be impossible.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I've only transferred a couple guns elsewhere, and I've never come across that policy so I was shocked. I'm glad there are places that don't do this, or else saving money online on anything but obscure guns would be impossible.
    Agreed. The biggest discounts online tend to be used police trade ins. Very few of our local dealers can touch $299 for an excellent condition Glock 22. When doing transfers look around, there are good deals on transfers available.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Agreed. The biggest discounts online tend to be used police trade ins. Very few of our local dealers can touch $299 for an excellent condition Glock 22. When doing transfers look around, there are good deals on transfers available.
    If you can find an excellent condition Glock 22 LE trade in, pm me the link. My dad is looking for one, as is his former coworker. Hell, I might buy one for myself at that price.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If you can find an excellent condition Glock 22 LE trade in, pm me the link. My dad is looking for one, as is his former coworker. Hell, I might buy one for myself at that price.
    A while ago Classic Firearms and Sportsman Outdoor Warehouse had them at that price. Now they are usually 20 to 50 bucks higher.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's what I was seeing, while doing the legwork for my dad. Was hoping you had a honey spot for super good priced LE trade in Glock pistols and were willing to share.
    I am pretty sure I bought mine at Sportsman Outdoor Warehouse (or is it Superstore?) at the end of 2015. Bought that and a G31 Gen 3 in excellent condition for $300 from blaster229 around the same time. I haven't seen a deal like that since.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

A while ago Classic Firearms and Sportsman Outdoor Warehouse had them at that price. Now they are usually 20 to 50 bucks higher.

$310 at Aim Surplus (no mag though) ...
    LEO Trade-In GLOCK 22 .40cal Handgun Gen 3
    https://www.aimsurplus.com/product....In+GLOCK+22+.40cal+Handgun+Gen+3&groupid=8406

Great price.

Also, if you're a Sportsman's Guide member ...

Glock 22 Gen3, Semi-Automatic, .40 S&W, 4.49" Barrel, 15+1 Rounds, Used Police Trade-In
    $332.49
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...pw-449-barrel-151-rounds-used-police-trade-in

Glock 23 GEN3, Semi-Automatic, .40 S&W, 4.01" Barrel, 13+1 Rounds, Used Police Trade-In
    $332.49
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...pw-401-barrel-131-rounds-used-police-trade-in

$10 for shipping

You of course will lose the mag.

Recoil Gun Works frequently has police trade-in Glocks in 40 S&W, although they have a problem with their inventory display on their website today ...

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/index.php

Summit Gun Broker is also a good place to check ...

http://summitgunbroker.com/22--349.html

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    $310 at Aim Surplus (no mag though) ...
    LEO Trade-In GLOCK 22 .40cal Handgun Gen 3
    https://www.aimsurplus.com/product....In+GLOCK+22+.40cal+Handgun+Gen+3&groupid=8406

Great price.

Also, if you're a Sportsman's Guide member ...

Glock 22 Gen3, Semi-Automatic, .40 S&W, 4.49" Barrel, 15+1 Rounds, Used Police Trade-In
    $332.49
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...pw-449-barrel-151-rounds-used-police-trade-in

Glock 23 GEN3, Semi-Automatic, .40 S&W, 4.01" Barrel, 13+1 Rounds, Used Police Trade-In
    $332.49
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...pw-401-barrel-131-rounds-used-police-trade-in

$10 for shipping

You of course will lose the mag.

Recoil Gun Works frequently has police trade-in Glocks in 40 S&W, although they have a problem with their inventory display on their website today ...

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/index.php

Summit Gun Broker is also a good place to check ...

http://summitgunbroker.com/22--349.html
    I had a feeling you would weigh in my friend. This is definitely one of your areas of expertise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom