• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    The entire G&S requirement is BS bc there's NOTHING more valuable to anyone than their life is and who gives a fvck if that person is a business owner or not.

TBH I couldn't care less about protecting my physical business assets, it's just stuff and all of it is insured....I just want to make sure I'm not hurt or killed in the process.

Not to mention, you can only protect your person not your business property. Agreed Md's G&S is BS!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The entire G&S requirement is BS bc there's NOTHING more valuable to anyone than their life is and who gives a fvck if that person is a business owner or not.

TBH I couldn't care less about protecting my physical business assets, it's just stuff and all of it is insured....I just want to make sure I'm not hurt or killed in the process.

The requirements are indeed BS, because it is against Maryland law to use deadly force to protect property of any kind.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    The requirements are indeed BS, because it is against Maryland law to use deadly force to protect property of any kind.

Yes I know that, but should someone decide to attempt to protect their property and try to stop a bugulary or theft the situation could escalate to the point where the person protecting their property is in a life threatening situation.

For example: the bugular alarm at your office is triggered, you go to check it out. The perpetrator is still inside and they confront you when you walk in.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Today was day 90 and what a surprise nothing from MSP. Guess on Monday I will petition for a hearing with the HPRB and hope I can get a hearing sometime next year. :mad54:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    If I petition for a hearing on the guides of them not meeting the deadline and then receive a permit ( most likely with restrictions) can I then parlay that into a hear to remove restrictions or denial over ride?

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I would call the LD on Monday and rattle their cage.

Called today and they had just received my App back from the investigation division. No decision had been made and he could not give me a date or time line of when it would be decided on. As I have heard from every other officer, they are overwhelmed. He finished with "be patient". I think 90 days is more then being patient!

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I have a question: If I was awarded an ex parte protection order against an individual for documented threats on my life, does this sound like the type of G&S reasoning to request a C&W permit?

The order is not temporary, meaning it has been granted for six months as a final decision. So yeah it's temporary, but has gone through the final judicial process for granting the order for more than a week. Also, the respondent to the order was arrested for indeed violating the order by sending threats after he was served. Will this extra detail give me more of a fighting chance? Thanks for any and all help you guys can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a question: If I was awarded an ex parte protection order against an individual for documented threats on my life, does this sound like the type of G&S reasoning to request a C&W permit?

The order is not temporary, meaning it has been granted for six months as a final decision. So yeah it's temporary, but has gone through the final judicial process for granting the order for more than a week. Also, the respondent to the order was arrested for indeed violating the order by sending threats after he was served. Will this extra detail give me more of a fighting chance? Thanks for any and all help you guys can give.

Definitely sounds like G&S to me. Go for it.

PitStop

Jan 26, 2017

I have heard of individuals receiving unrestricted W&C permit on the basis of threats to that individual's life. I have also heard that once the individual who made the threats was jailed, the W&C permit was then revoked.

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I didn't know it could be revoked on a non-offensive basis. Meaning if I follow the law, and am a responsible gun owner with a W&C permit. Why revoke? But that sounds like Maryland. I love this state, but geez where has the true leadership gone when it comes to protecting life and property (since large amounts of taxable cash deposits seem to be W&C worthy).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Not only G&S, but an expedited permit perhaps.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have heard of individuals receiving unrestricted W&C permit on the basis of threats to that individual's life. I have also heard that once the individual who made the threats was jailed, the W&C permit was then revoked.

Unfortunately, you "heard" wrong. There have been instances of MSP denying a renewal of this type of permit for lack of an active threat from the individual. (Google Wollard)

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Never heard of revoked. That would be a bad move if something happed. Prisoners have friends and family too!. I don't believe it. Not renewed sure.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I didn't know it could be revoked on a non-offensive basis. Meaning if I follow the law, and am a responsible gun owner with a W&C permit. Why revoke? But that sounds like Maryland. I love this state, but geez where has the true leadership gone when it comes to protecting life and property (since large amounts of taxable cash deposits seem to be W&C worthy).

I'm not aware of any that have been revoked for lack of ongoing threat. I have heard of the renewal being denied for lack of an ongoing threat (Wollard)

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    That's good news! I understand the renewal. The only thing that frightens me is applying and being disapproved, which will subsequently cause my denial in other states should I apply for CCW. This is correct is it not?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's good news! I understand the renewal. The only thing that frightens me is applying and being disapproved, which will subsequently cause my denial in other states should I apply for CCW. This is correct is it not?

Completely and totally INCORRECT. Other states that ask this question are looking for prohibited persons, not people that do not meet an arbitrary standard like G&S. There are many members of this board that have applied, and not received a MD wear and carry permit, but yet have qualified and obtained carry permits from other states.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Completely and totally INCORRECT. Other states that ask this question are looking for prohibited persons, not people that do not meet an arbitrary standard like G&S. There are many members of this board that have applied, and not received a MD wear and carry permit, but yet have qualified and obtained carry permits from other states.

THIS!!!!!

If a state asks if you were denied by MD or another jurisdiction for lack of "good and substantial" or "good cause", just write that you were and that you didn't meet the requirement.

They're looking for criminals and other prohibited persons.

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Thanks for all the help and advice. I think I will start the search for a W&C course before applying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom