• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Bill Wilcom was the owner. Dad was there opening day way back when and raced lots of difference cars there. Last one was a Chevy Lunina with a 560 world products block, NA we ran a best of 8.06 at around 164-5 I think. Maybe it was an 8.04 but I just can't remember. Raced my cobra there a few times. My uncle raced and tested there for Motorweek for most his career working for Motorweek. I'm sad whenever I pass it.

Dude, I remember that Lumina, when it was parked in your parents' garage! What an awesome sight.

Doesn't your uncle still do Motorweek? They're on Velocity now, pretty cool stuff.

-John

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Ah, those were the days! I remember racing there in the late 60's early 70's. Of course Capitol and MIR are still running, but who recalls Aquasco Drag Strip or the Upper Marlboro road course near rt4/301?
    Good times :)

Attachments

• JUNGLEchevy2.jpg
      JUNGLEchevy2.jpg
      27 KB · Views: 166

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I had dinner at Wilcom's Inn a few weeks ago. It was great. Also good to see the old drag strip. I never got to go there when it was open, but I remember people in high school talking about it.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Dude, I remember that Lumina, when it was parked in your parents' garage! What an awesome sight.

Doesn't your uncle still do Motorweek? They're on Velocity now, pretty cool stuff.

-John

Lumina is back in the garage and for sale. Craig left Motorweek years ago and works for GM in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom