• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    What is the difference in practice between a modification request and appealing restrictions. I'm expecting a permit with business restrictions to arrive any time now.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What is the difference in practice between a modification request and appealing restrictions. I'm expecting a permit with business restrictions to arrive any time now.

In your case that would be an appeal since it is a new permit. If you get your permit and then a year down the road something changes you would send a letter, a passport photo and a check for $10 asking for a restriction modification.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    1) The window has long passed for that
    2) As worded, it's essentially unrestricted, as I cannot carry while at work anyway.

gotcha. I am expecting an "off duty" restriction on my permit. but I will appeal/request a modification when/if I get signed off to carry on post. which might be sooner than later.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious

Regardless everything one reads about "cash" and a permit, I sure was pressed out of the box about cash deposits. If your G&S is a business, find a way to fudge that one. I was actually blessed days before the interview receiving $2600 cash in a Wendy's parking lot I could cop to. The lady became very curious, and I explained, "We invoice and are customer friendly accommodating our clients choice of payment." "You better believe a guy that owes that much offers to meet at Wendy's a couple miles away, I'll be there."

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Was just about to reply into this thread...

My NH check cleared earlier this week, having been mailed around Feb. 7.
    I'm guessing they held all the applications while the constitutional carry bill was passed. Presumably, we should get the new 5yr permits (instead of the previous 4yr).

Am about ready to apply for MD, but finding the 16 hours to be in class is a serious problem in the near term.

New Hampshire check cleared today and application was mailed Feb 16th
    No update on VA
    No update on MD

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Was just about to reply into this thread...

My NH check cleared earlier this week, having been mailed around Feb. 7.
    I'm guessing they held all the applications while the constitutional carry bill was passed. Presumably, we should get the new 5yr permits (instead of the previous 4yr).

Am about ready to apply for MD, but finding the 16 hours to be in class is a serious problem in the near term.

I was exempted from the 16hr training course, but if I hadn't been finding 16hrs to take a class would have been a serious issue for myself as well.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone know what the interview is like or what sort of questions they ask? Just curious

Still no review? Back when I applied, myself and others were getting appointments scheduled by investigators about two weeks after the application dropped. My interview was less than a month after application. They also contacted all my references same day, amazing they were able to make contact with them in all.. (no phone tag). Each person I used called me that day, none were notified by me that I used them. One friend would not talk to the investigator before calling me to make sure it was a legitimate investigation. This is the worst part of the application, imposing on others to vouch for you. It is ridiculous as well. Who is going to list someone adverse to their own approval? So after the prompt interview and contacting my friends, it was still 101 days from application until permit mailed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in the 365 era, I asked my references beforehand.

My concerns since so many of my potential witnesses were retired LE, that they either travel a lot, or had health problems, I was concerned about them being reachable on short notice for an open ended time frame.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Still no review? Back when I applied, myself and others were getting appointments scheduled by investigators about two weeks after the application dropped. My interview was less than a month after application. They also contacted all my references same day, amazing they were able to make contact with them in all.. (no phone tag). Each person I used called me that day, none were notified by me that I used them. One friend would not talk to the investigator before calling me to make sure it was a legitimate investigation. This is the worst part of the application, imposing on others to vouch for you. It is ridiculous as well. Who is going to list someone adverse to their own approval? So after the prompt interview and contacting my friends, it was still 101 days from application until permit mailed.

You would be surprised. While attending one of the HPRB meetings I spoke to an applicant who had a hearing and he told me that one of his references told MSP that the applicant was a recovering drug addiction( cocain). Which the applicant admitted to me but not to MSP. He admitted to me he still smoked weed and was going to use the the fact that MD would soon make it legal and that it should not prohibit him from getting his permit. Result= HPRB upheld MSP's decision.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

Of course it is. It is designed to be a problem. Anyone who believes the 16-hour "class" was put there for safety is kidding themselves. It's so that people like you won't have time to get permits and they have less people carrying guns in Maryland.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014

Nope, haven't heard from anyone at the MDSP at all

But I do have some good news :)

Pulled my NH permit out of the mailbox a few minutes ago! Envelope was post marked Mar 16 and the application was mailed Feb 16th, oh and the permit expires in 2022. Free States are AWESOME!!!

No Update VA
    No Update MD

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    You would be surprised. While attending one of the HPRB meetings I spoke to an applicant who had a hearing and he told me that one of his references told MSP that the applicant was a recovering drug addiction( cocain). Which the applicant admitted to me but not to MSP. He admitted to me he still smoked weed and was going to use the the fact that MD would soon make it legal and that it should not prohibit him from getting his permit. Result= HPRB upheld MSP's decision.

Heck, that makes it illegal for him to buy or receive a firearm. No gun for you!

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Now the New Hampshire app says you MUST include a copy of home states permit, how did you non wear and carry folks handle this?
    My MD permit is being expedited, but don't have it yet. Would like to get the NH non resident for PA as they don't honor UT anymore.

Thanks,
    Tom

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Now the New Hampshire app says you MUST include a copy of home states permit, how did you non wear and carry folks handle this?
    My MD permit is being expedited, but don't have it yet. Would like to get the NH non resident for PA as they don't honor UT anymore.

Thanks,
    Tom

You can go to the Closest PA county Sheriff's office and apply, with a MD permit they will issue you a PA permit.
    In person.
    No need for a NH permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom