• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Yeah, seriously. So much "hell no!" in that bill text. This thing would ban just about everything but bolt-action rifles, pump-action shotguns and revolvers. Basically setting us back to 1899, folks.

This bill CANNOT pass. Not as-is, not with amendments, not in any way, shape or form. Warm up your phone and email clients, and make sure every Senator knows how we feel about this.

It's going to pass. It's really a matter of it passing now for us or for our children. Hopefully they deal with our politicians infringement better than we have. Life is to easy at this point for us to change things. It might be harder during our children's time where they have less and therefore less to lose so maybe they will stop the infringements. I say this because it is how it has been for all past generations.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's going to pass. It's really a matter of it passing now for us or for our children. Hopefully they deal with our politicians infringement better than we have. Life is to easy at this point for us to change things. It might be harder during our children's time where they have less and therefore less to lose so maybe they will stop the infringements. I say this because it is how it has been for all past generations.

Depends if the gun control folks "figure it out". AWBs account for like 1% of deaths. They keep wasting so much of their effort on banning things that account for nearly a statistical rounding error in death.

But it is so scary because you feel like you have no control over a mass shooting. It could happen anywhere. They don't focus much time or energy addressing things like suicide, gang violence or domestic violence. Because they can tell themselves that well, they won't kill themselves, or they won't marry a bad person or they don't go somewhere dangerous.

(yes I realize they do sometimes talk about that stuff). If they were laser focused on some of those issues, they probably could and would get stuff passed, that might actually do something about some of those. Probably at the cost of some of our freedoms, but they'd be making an impact (I am not weighing in at all on is an infringement ever reasonable).

Ban "assault weapons" and even if all "assault weapons" disappeared tomorrow and no other firearm, truck bomb, rental truck, mass stabbing, etc. replaced that assault weapon in a mass shooting...they'd save at most about 300-400 lives a year. Compared to ~40,000.

But since you and I both know someone would just go for a handgun instead. Or a pump shotgun. Or a truck. Etc, at best they'd probably be saving dozens or scores a lives if you believe that they might be using a slightly less "efficient" weapon for their mass shooting.

Better vending machine regulations could save similar amounts of lives.

I think even some of the dems realize that. They'll burn a lot of political capital to actually pass an AWB. Some of their own constituents who voted for them don't want an AWB. A lot notice what happened after the 1993 AWB where democrats lost the house, largely on the back of the AWB. An AWB is about the least popular gun control bill among the American public. Yeah it is possible it happens sometime in our or our kids' lives. But I really don't think it is happening any year soon. Not on a federal level. Even if dems got a few more senate seats in the midterms, I don't think they could get one across the finish line. Several of their own members don't want an AWB (I'd bet you there are at least 10 democratic senators who wouldn't vote for one today).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    There isn't a bigger lie being told in this country today than the one that states that gun control is about saving lives. Expose this expertly communicated and carefully orchestrated lie at every opportunity. Pray that the American people wake up to the truth that gun control is about CONTROL.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    There isn't a bigger lie being told in this country today than the one that states that gun control is about saving lives. Expose this expertly communicated and carefully orchestrated lie at every opportunity. Pray that the American people wake up to the truth that gun control is about CONTROL.

I wish the 2A side would remind America everyday that our drug laws including prohibition and licensing/prescription requirements have stopped nothing. Drugs are available in prisons and there is a huge black market. Anti 2A politicians need to be confronted to explain how gun control laws would be successful in spite of the experience with drug control laws. The violation of constitutional rights is not acceptable just to do something.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I wish the 2A side would remind America everyday that our drug laws including prohibition and licensing/prescription requirements have stopped nothing. Drugs are available in prisons and there is a huge black market. Anti 2A politicians need to be confronted to explain how gun control laws would be successful in spite of the experience with drug control laws. The violation of constitutional rights is not acceptable just to do something.

While it’s a valid observation, arguing that point is still a win for the statists. Because if you have to resort to comparing guns and narcotics you’ve already lost. The argument for the right to personal self defense is a PRINCIPLED one, not a logistical or statistical one. Fighting on the wrong ground is surrender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom