• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    If my Google-fu is working today, the Rocky's Pizza we'll be visiting in Cascade, MD has the following menu:

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/05bf7d_9a394ae9b9c64aa4b8ed0be3290ad6be.pdf

Raineman, lemme know if I got the wrong one - I just wanted to check for those of us with dietary constraints.

Others: I will try tonight to create this route in Garmin's Basecamp software, which IIRC, creates a .GPX file upon export. I'll post again once I've created it, and those who want it can PM me their email address and I'll send it out.

Finally, consider this a weather-dependent "we are in" :thumbsup: from myself and Mrs. Drakhen.

Thanks,

-John

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    John, I was able to save my "trail" on a zip drive as a GPX file. Still trying to determine how it works as a "trail" and not a trip on my system.

Was going to try and use the HD RidePlanner site, but last time I did it it fought me and then wouldn't let me save it. Let me know how yours works out, and I'll keep trying mine.

That is the correct menu, and just as a reminder for those who may have glossed over it previously, BRING CASH for lunch.

I still have not figured out where my card was compromised and don't want anyone to take the outside chance that it was there.

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    I think I have it pretty well mapped the ride out using google maps. I had to break it down to 3 Maps and you may cut and paste the links below in to your browser.

I hope to join you guys but will just head home when you all stop for lunch.

Map 1 Park & Ride to N. Church Street:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Old...0x89c9b86c6aa6e2e7:0x232e2ea33d69880b!1m0!3e0

Map 2 N. Church St to High Rock and Rock's Pizza:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39....28ebb78b4a4e!2m2!1d-77.490803!2d39.709674!3e0

Map 3 Lunch to Park and Ride.
    See new link below.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'll try this

I think I have it pretty well mapped the ride out using google maps. I had to break it down to 3 Maps and you may cut and paste the links below in to your browser.

I hope to join you guys but will just head home when you all stop for lunch.

Map 1 Park & Ride to N. Church Street:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Old...0x89c9b86c6aa6e2e7:0x232e2ea33d69880b!1m0!3e0

Map 2 N. Church St to High Rock and Rock's Pizza:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39....28ebb78b4a4e!2m2!1d-77.490803!2d39.709674!3e0

Map 3 Lunch to Park and Ride.
    See new link below.

awesome work, should be a great ride

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I have it done in an importable/exportable format through my ride planner. I was able to figure it out exactly the way I want it. I can email it to anyone who wants it and you can download it to your GPS.

PM me or post an email to send it to, and I'll get it to you.

Thanks alucard for your work on it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have it done in an importable/exportable format through my ride planner. I was able to figure it out exactly the way I want it. I can email it to anyone who wants it and you can download it to your GPS.

PM me or post an email to send it to, and I'll get it to you.

Thanks alucard for your work on it.

I'll PM for the file, what ride planner app are you using? For rides, Ive only used 2 extremes, manual roll charts for enduro rides, and basically plugging a destination address in Waze on my phone and hoping not to get lost.

Don't thank me, haven't done anything, You and Dave got the route together and posted.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yeah sorry, meant to thank Dave.

No app, routed on my computer with HD ride planner. That was challenging enough for me. I am app illiterate

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I believe I stated earlier that anyone was welcome. Anyone that rides safe that is.

I personally don't give a crap what anyone rides as long as they ride it well. I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Harley. Liked different things about all of them.

Old ones that break down? Sag service?

Can you park a trailer at the park and ride? That would be a long ride from Southern Maryland to get there plus the ride.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a Sena SMH10, I'll bring my CRF supermoto, more fun on little backroads and gravel than the Naked bike. Shouldn't be any problem parking a car and trailer at the park & Ride, Have done it myself a few times, can call MDSHA, they told me it was simply free parking to encourage carpooling, look at posted signs for limitations on parking overnight or so, be sure to have a decent trailer&coupler lock.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So I got Raineman's email with the route, anyone familiar with how to load this into my HD GPS?

Yes. Put a zip drive into your computer, export it to there. Take to HD, plug in to USB outlet, go to nav, find "new trip" and "import".

If you want, you can just do it when we meet. I'll have it on my zip drive. It takes less than a minute from start to finish.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes. Put a zip drive into your computer, export it to there. Take to HD, plug in to USB outlet, go to nav, find "new trip" and "import".

If you want, you can just do it when we meet. I'll have it on my zip drive. It takes less than a minute from start to finish.

Well how awesome is that. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom