• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    $49.95+$7 ship.. decent deal. from what I read its an aero precision lower branded for PSA.

I am going to build a PSA rifle just for shits and giggles eventually.. it will be my lend out for my friends/family/etc who want to shoot. =)

probably standard carbine length with irons until they graduate to a red dot =)

carbine uppers seem to be ~400, and lower build kits around $100.

Last edited:

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    problem with these I think is that they are stamped multi.. do you have to engrave a 5.56/.223 on it to register it as a SBR now? I read here that the ATF no longer accepts multi on the form..

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    problem with these I think is that they are stamped multi.. do you have to engrave a 5.56/.223 on it to register it as a SBR now? I read here that the ATF no longer accepts multi on the form..

Maybe, if that's so I'll use another lower and swap this one in.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD

You do not have to engrave it. You can type in what calibers you want your rifle registered in. AFAIK you can register it in as many calibers as you want. For instance for an AR you can register it in 5.56/.223/9mm/300 BLK/.22 LR/6.8SPC/6.5 Grendel if you wanted to. We've seen paperwork for H&K sears registered in 9mm, 5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO, with no markings on the sear itself pertaining to caliber.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I am no expert, but I stayed at a holiday in once. The multi isn't excepted on the form, lower doesn't matter afaik

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

No problem with registering these lowers as SBR's. The only place that "multi "comes into play is on your Form 1. Don't list the caliber as "multi".

Last edited:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I just decided I'm building this rifle exactly in .300 blackout with my PSA lower.
    Troy-M7-Upgrade-Kit-6.jpg

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Alright cool, I ordered mine Saturday night hopefully I get a tracking email by Monday....

At the price they were selling for they probably got swamped with orders

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Since I am waiting on two lowers from the spikes buys, I am going to just keep waiting, but kudos to those of you that got in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom