Stack-On Limited Edition 18-Gun Steel Security Cabinet, Blue - $132.88 @ Walmart

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not great but might work for some of my low buck overflow stuff and parts.

Decent price

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I got one of those some weeks back. It came with some dents since it isn't packed well. I'm happy enough with it.

The IKEA type directions left me flipping the long center shelving support around a couple of times to figure out how it should go.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I got one of those some weeks back. It came with some dents since it isn't packed well. I'm happy enough with it.

The IKEA type directions left me flipping the long center shelving support around a couple of times to figure out how it should go.

That seems to be the complaint. Might make a nice tool locker, enough to stop snatch and grab.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I may get one

I gotta get some more room in my big safe and I have a lotta parts and thousands of rounds jammed in there that don’t necessarily need to be with my good in md stuff

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have one that I am using for some of my stuff. My main concern is with keeping the kids out and this will do the trick.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I have the 8 gun one. It's not a safe, but it does work well at keeping little fingers from getting onto things they shouldn't.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I have the 8 gun one. It's not a safe, but it does work well at keeping little fingers from getting onto things they shouldn't.

Yeah anyone who really wants to is probably getting into these. I have tools that are much easier for a thief to steal quickly, and don’t make it known to visitors that I have even an interest in firearms so hopefully that reduces the risk some. Hoping to move in the next year and that’s when I’m going to buy true safes for storage.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I have had this for about 5 years or so and has worked well. I keep in in the basement closet which I also put a lock on, to keep the kids out of. Of course it won't keep anyone with any tools and any time to get into but that's not the reason I have it.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    How many rifles do these actually hold?

18 seems like a stretch.

If you don't install the center divider/shelves, and also use those rifle rods, you may be able to get 18, in but it seems unlikley.

17b377ad-6050-4c77-9be3-af1ee3bea6ff_1.33eed48fe698262da0f20f520a4d95ce.jpeg

884210.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Cut that number in 1/2 then minus one for giggles...
    That’s the exact formula I use. Especially with most of my long guns having optics, other than my (non-deer hunting) shotguns. The manufacturers’ advertisements come dangerously close to false advertising or fraud. I too would love to see an 18 gun safe/cabinet that actually hold 18 of MY guns. Shame someone can’t make that happen, I think that would make them billions of $$ from us folk.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Mine arrived this morning, cardboard box had some dings and dents in it but the actual cabinet seems fine. FedEx driver got a little nosey, asked if it was a refrigerator because of how heavy it was. Told him it was a filing cabinet to end his curiosity.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have the 8 gun with the two little ones attached to the top with 2 x 4 frame hold it all together. a lot harder to steel a 10ft total unit. Most of my ARs are in my M12 rack and roller base I made for it. I wish them luck trying to steal that, yes its on casters but the base its self weighs almost 100# and stairs out of the basement whether inside or outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom