• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I might be tempted by a Browning or maybe an Ithica .
    Whatever I picked would be wood stocked( personal preference)

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    I lean towards the Mossberg 500 partly because it's what I trained on along with the Benelli M4 when I was a Marine, but also love the aftermarket for them and the safety I feel is placed perfectly for a rifle grip. I'm reluctantly selling my 500 right now because of my divorce, but I plan on picking up another one or maybe even a 590 when I dig myself out of my divorce pit.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Appreciate all the thoughtful comments. One reason I've consulted the MDS brain trust once again. Nnztg8r and Uncle Duke, both of your perspectives and shared insights are terrific. Thank you.

Doco Overboard, the M97 is a cool gun! Slam fire capable I'm guessing. Norinco also used to make a shorter barrel riot gun version. An original might be something to get in the future, along with a Model 12.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a Norinco 97 riot model as well. Premium condition. That is a badass shotgun. Slam fires as fast as you can stand to do it and never jams. The only real downfall is the bolt. It will let you know really quickly if you move your hand too far forward while racking the slide. It’s a skin ripper.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Find a nice parked 870...you will love it.

Luck V!

I'd buy all 3

I too love pump shotguns, I have Mossbergs and 870s, probably 12 or so, and want to buy another all the time....I say,... buy my brother, buy.....

Lol, I like you guys. No effort to talk me out of making the buy.

Whatever I picked would be wood stocked( personal preference)

I like this look too. Of my small shotgun collection, the Wingmaster is easily the looker of the bunch. For this round, it looks like I'm going for a 870 PM purchase, and am settling for synthetic because the overall condition of the used gun looks very good.

I lean towards the Mossberg 500 partly because it's what I trained on along with the Benelli M4 when I was a Marine, but also love the aftermarket for them and the safety I feel is placed perfectly for a rifle grip. I'm reluctantly selling my 500 right now because of my divorce, but I plan on picking up another one or maybe even a 590 when I dig myself out of my divorce pit.

Sorry to hear about the life tribulations and possible thinning of the firearm collection.

I have a Norinco 97 riot model as well. Premium condition. That is a badass shotgun. Slam fires as fast as you can stand to do it and never jams. The only real downfall is the bolt. It will let you know really quickly if you move your hand too far forward while racking the slide. It’s a skin ripper.

Lol, sounds like a lot of fun except for the bleeding part.

No. 2. Hands down. The older 870’s are smooth. Please elaborate on the maintenance issues you and Chad are concerned about.

In his experience, he's noted when/if issues arise with either platform, the Mossberg is usually easier for the owner to service. He's otherwise spoken positively about the performance of both platforms.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    2) A used Remington 870 Police Magnum. These have sporadic availability. I nearly made an order today with synthetic furniture that would be $330 shipped. I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20-gauge which has the smoothest mechanism. I feel it could round out my "HD" shotgun collection that already has a Mossberg and Turkish Winchester. (as an aside, I would love an old Winchester Model 12, but don't want to spend that much money for a new addition)

Opportunity knocks:

http://summitgunbroker.com/-870-police-mag-.html

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That's my source. Talked to Mark a few hours ago.

That is a dangerous website :lol2:

A while back I was cruising around on there and saw he had a listing for some Beretta 92M's. I called but they were all gone. I was so bummed, I've wanted one of those for a while.

I thought he was selling the business?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    A 590 has all the goodness of a Mossberg 500, parkerizing, and a bayonet lug. Do you know how badass it looks to hang an M9 on the end of a shotgun? :party29:

Just sayin':innocent0

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That is a dangerous website 2:

A while back I was cruising around on there and saw he had a listing for some Beretta 92M's. I called but they were all gone. I was so bummed, I've wanted one of those for a while.

I thought he was selling the business?
    He gets interesting stuff. He used to be tapped into a lot of refurbished Sigs and had some real deals. I usually take a look once a month there to see what's new in his used firearms.

Yeah, his comment about retiring is still at the bottom of his homepage. Do wonder if some of the magic will be lost, as part of his success likely has been developing relationships with different suppliers of trade-ins and refurbished guns.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think your collection is in need of a Mossberg Shockwave. Lots of sales fliers from PSA with discounts.

At this point in my life, I'm just looking for the 590A1.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Fidelity, I had the same dilemma as you.:D As I have a few 870's and am not a big fan of Mossbergs, I picked up a new Armscor RIA M5 for just a tick over $200. Although I have not had a chance to fire it as of yet and I am not able to report on function and reliability, I will say it has the slickest action of any pump action that I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-EH8Czmd1Q

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think your collection is in need of a Mossberg Shockwave. Lots of sales fliers from PSA with discounts.

At this point in my life, I'm just looking for the 590A1.
    I'll probably go for a 12-gauge coach gun at some point first (once had a 20-gauge Chinese made one that I sold), but recent pricing of the Shockwave is attractive. :)

Fidelity, I had the same dilemma as you.:D As I have a few 870's and am not a big fan of Mossbergs, I picked up a new Armscor RIA M5 for just a tick over $200. Although I have not had a chance to fire it as of yet and I am not able to report on function and reliability, I will say it has the slickest action of any pump action that I have ever seen. ...

I've considered this one in the past. I think JimBob2.0 has posted about it. Would be interested in hearing your review after a range session.

I'm with you OP, I hit that 300-400 buck mark and I seem to have a hard time saying no.

You and me brother. When a quality firearm seems to be available for a decent price AND I enjoy shooting that type of firearm, I'll read reviews and price research the item for months before I finally breakdown and order it. Sometimes I'll miss a good deal in the process.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Troublemaker. ;)

I was trying to pawn off that scabbard to Blaster. He ran away, lol.

Lol. I seem to remember something about a shotgun scabard...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Exactly the one that I'm referring to. His face contorted in unusual ways until he made a tactical retreat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom