• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Interesting, I didn't see this brave little girl interviewed on the Today show... I must have missed it.

Kudos to her, and her parents for raising her right. :thumbsup:

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Awesome story.

My young daughter saw a pink and black camo rifle when we stopped at MSAR and said, "daddy I like that one". I told her maybe when she was 6.

Sent using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Awesome story.

My young daughter saw a pink and black camo rifle when we stopped at MSAR and said, "daddy I like that one". I told her maybe when she was 6.

Sent using Tapatalk

My daughter is 8. She wants a pink and camo AR. If I can get her to the range regularly she just might get one.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Kids who can be responsible and safe can most certainly be trusted with guns, it's up to the parents to know their child well and teach them properly about gun safety.
    Back in the good old days many kids would grow up with loaded guns all around the house without any problems.
    Today's fear mongering about guns and the unwillingness to teach proper gun safety to children can cause a lot of problems.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Jesus Quintana?

Really?

"Eight year olds, Dude."

You are against my getting my daughter her own rifle? You can get the M&P-22 in pink camo. Perfect for teaching her marksmanship, and more importantly, safety. She has been shooting before, and enjoys it. She is a good shot. Since there are firearms in the house I have exposed my children to them whenever possible. I have never missed an opportunity to give a safety lesson. Treat every gun as though it is loaded, muzzle always in a safe direction, finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. They know the rules. They are very unimpressed by guns being around. It is a fact of life. This is something I really enjoy, and allowing my kids to be part of it gives us time together. They will cherish these memories when they are older.

Please tell me how all of that is a problem? Children are never too young to be taught gun safety. Do you think I am going to let her keep it in her room with a loaded magazine, or let her carry it around the neighborhood? Stop thinking like a liberal.

Last edited:

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    My niece is 8 and I couldn't even get her to hold a BB gun without her breaking into frenzy of tears. :sad20:

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    My daughter is 8. She wants a pink and camo AR. If I can get her to the range regularly she just might get one.

Mine is 4 but she loves doing stuff with daddy. I've never taken any of my kids shooting with me but they know guns aren't toys. I'm with you... If she is still interested down the road, I will get her one. I'd like her to be able to protect herself as the girl in this story did, if God forbid it was ever necessary.

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Love hearing about the good guy/girl winning. Unfortunately these stories aren't the ones that gain widespread media attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom