• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

Jul 30, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just got an AR15 and want to put an optic on it....mostly range use maybe some HD....dont need to shoot 500 yards and dont want to spend as much on an optic as i did my gun....any suggestions?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Check out a company called Primary Arms. Look at their own brand stuff. I've also seen used older Eo-techs around your budget price. From what I'm told the older ones eat batteries though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Primary Arms, Vortex, and the Bushnell TRS-25 are all good options.

But, that said, I wouldn't spend more than $125. The PA and Bushnell sights are plenty good, and the chances are high that you'd be better off saving the extra $75 towards a used Eotech or Aimpoint PRO... you'll develop a taste for the good stuff soon enough.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Years ago I purchased a Leupold scope costing way more than the rifle it was mounted on. Nothing wrong with starting off with a budget optic and working your way up. I think it's more important to invest in a good set of quality iron sights. Glass can go down, even the best of them. Get a set of solid irons and train as much as you can with them. Save your money and invest in better glass when you can.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I started with a Bushnell TRS-25 (2 actually) Once they were zeroed, they were great. Still use them on different guns. You can catch them from $72.00 and up. Shop around.

I upgraded to an Aimpoint Pro because it is what we have at work. Zero complaints, awesome scope

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom