• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Kershaw Blur. I carry the blur tanto combo edge everyday. Runs around $50 and you can sometimes find them at wally world. Most important it's Made in USA.

3626174176_a460ce3f1a.jpg

images

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Anything Emerson :D

I have been carrying a mini CQC. When I know I can have a knife over 3" I carry a SOG Trident Tanto. Both have been great knives.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Benchmade with Axis lock. Superfast deployment, very well made, good steels, and no liner lock to struggle with when closing. (I also sweat the liner lock when using a knife vigorously; keep thinking of accidentally torquing it out of position, slicing a few fingers. Not gonna happen with the Axis).

I like their 710, also have a smaller reverse tanto 940, and might get a Contego. The Axis lock makes everything else feel awkward. YMMV, of course, but I'm totally sold.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Kershaw Blur. I carry the blur tanto combo edge everyday. Runs around $50 and you can sometimes find them at wally world. Most important it's Made in USA.

3626174176_a460ce3f1a.jpg

images

Got mine. Like it a lot. Now $64 at Wally and $72 or $74 at BPS.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The Doug Ritter MK1 Griptilian is a fine choice, Benchmade griptilian handle and axis lock with an improved 3.5" S30V blade, and for $120 it's a fine choice for EDC. I have been very happy with my Emerson CQC-15, a little pricey, but a fantastic 4" hard used folder under $200, and once you own a wave opening knife, it's hard to go back. IMO higher-end production knives are worth it, there are few other things that you carry constantly, use every day, and can depend on for a lifetime, and a mere $200 gets you a lot of knife. I personally carry a compact multi-tool and large folder, the tool's smaller blade, pliers and screwdriver are very useful for daily tasks, but if you find some boxes that need cutting, rope, bags, or most any large cutting job, you have the large folder. The multi-tool's knife is too small for the big tasks, and a large folder makes a poor screwdriver or wire cutter and even worse pliers. I have settled on a Leatherman Skeletool CX to pair with CQC-15, it's the size of a medium folder, and has a pocket clip, so it is far easier to EDC than the older full-size designs.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    For around $60... you can pick up a Cold Steel Voyager X Lg.

:shocked2:

Blade Length: 5 1/2"
    Blade Thickness: 4 mm
    Overall Length: 12 1/4"

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Sorry to kind of thread jack but what about these for an EDC knife. I'm also looking at picking up a new one for under $50ish since I lost my cheapo CRKT

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tena...3474&sr=1-1&keywords=spyderco+tenacious+green

http://www.amazon.com/Buck-845-Vantage-Force-Knife/dp/B007ZXYWPE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Tenacious is made in China. However, it has worked well for the buddy I gifted one to. I don't know anything about that Buck.

For around $50, look at the made in Japan Delica/Endura. Also the line up from Cold Steel. Take another look at CRKT again as their line up is good. And, if you really shop around on some of the knife forums... you'd be able to snatch up a Benchmade Griptilian for about that.

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    spyderco military, para 2, or any of the economy models out of china (tenacious, resilience, etc)

Feb 6, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom