• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    I have been searching for an AK variant in 7.62 for awhile now. I cannot find a shop with any in stock for a reasonable price. I am from the Salisbury area. I have already tried Wink's (none in stock, but will transfer for $65!), and Manchester (AMD's priced at $750). I guess I will have to roll the dice and order one from the internet. Any advice is appreciated. thanks.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    mid county gunshop,might only be a little less in $$ but they are very high end in quality if you get one of the ones he actually built himself.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just have one sent from AIM, JG etc to Joe at Corsica, its not to far to drive and his transfers are really reasonable.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    littletons around the corner from manchesters is more reasonable on the transfers.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dont know em, but I can say Joe is pretty reasonable for regulated stuff and the other great thing is he doesnt care if he stock it because he isnt a dealer.

I drive across the bay bridge just to deal with him.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    +1 for mid county. I have seen his AK's and they look GOOD. You could even have him build one from a kit for you.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I scanned gunbroker for a year before I found and scored my Galil in .308. It was well worth the wait/effort. got a reasonable price on it too.

how patient are you?

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    I am pretty patient, I have been quietly looking for several months. I just prefer to do a FTF with a shop so that I can inspect the rifle; I am very leery of purchasing online. However, the selection on the shore is the worst. If there is anything in stock it is usually priced $200-300 above market value, I am all for helping out local shops...but these prices seem outrageous.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    mid county has a nice shop setup and has several different aks on hand usually

:thumbsup: Thanks Kevin! AK prices are down a right good bit now. I have a Romanian underfolder here that is reasonably priced, as well as an AMD65. I also have my Polish underfolders available as well, but the price does run higher on them. I can get pretty much any of the current AKs in a matter of a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom