• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    day 1, sine die, sometime in june, after he gets back from asia, july4, next session, next term..........to tell you the truth I never heard him say a damn thing positive. just the same shit all politicians trying to get elected say. I have seen no evidence that would make me believe anything positive is going to happen. what I see is the ga threw us a bone with the shell casing and here we are wishing something else will happen. now mostly I am pissed at myself for thinking something positive would happen. it appears this has all been ********, and we were duped. I hope I am wrong but it is starting to look like I am right.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If he wants to piss all of the libtards off and ruin any bi-partisan plans and future goals, then yes. Not everything is that simple. He can declare permits to be approved and then next year we get them yanked back out from under us during the legislative session. Have some patience and wait for a long term solution.

Based on the last session, the GA was not to happy with Hogan to begin with.

Any bipartisan plans or goals will have to be done with a twisted arm.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Are you a gambling man? :innocent0

I don't understand the constant sense that disapproval of the fact that nothing has been done is overbearingly negative; I understand aspects such as wanting the GA to get out of session before trying anything, it could very well be political suicide...and? The GA is out of session, and Pallozzi has the ability to implement a change without any backlash whatsoever. He has been directly contact by numerous people, all of whom have gotten nothing but crap in return.

I don't particularly care about what your politics are; there are good people in this state having crimes committed against them and they do not have the lawful ability to protect themselves. I have a family member who just recently was the victim of some degenerate predator, and they contemplating carrying without a permit for a few days...needless to say, they decided otherwise, because they have so much that they just can't afford to lose, because politics matter more than lives.

Things can most certainly change in the coming years, but it still pisses me off. This isn't something that is "meh, kinda good for us", we have people in this state that are suffering because of political bs.

If you know of such people who have been denied their permits and suffered some sort of assault or crimes committed against them, then you need to have them come forward. That would be HELPFUL to the community and this conversation. If not, wait it out. How else can I say it. Demanding, stomping your feet and whining like a baby get us nowhere. Just because we don't see things with out own eyes, doesn't mean things are not being done.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I don't expect immediate change.

Not knowing everything involved, it may take more doing than we think or a lasting improvement in 2A issues may take a while to sort. They certainly didn't get screwed up in an instant.

There may be more pressing issues to the new gov, as well.

I'va watched rights disintegrate over time and I can be patient in MD or keep looking at my options to get out.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    If he wants to piss all of the libtards off and ruin any bi-partisan plans and future goals, then yes. Not everything is that simple. He can declare permits to be approved and then next year we get them yanked back out from under us during the legislative session. Have some patience and wait for a long term solution.

The issue is I already have a permit.

Modifications of permits are 100% at the discretion of the superintendent who serves at the pleasure of the governor.

Honoring my request would've at least given us a sliver of hope that the tides have changed in the permit division of the Maryland State police.

Their desire to continue with the arbitrary restrictions scheme is very disheartening.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :cool:

nitty.JPG

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I don't expect immediate change.

Not knowing everything involved, it may take more doing than we think or a lasting improvement in 2A issues may take a while to sort. They certainly didn't get screwed up in an instant.

There may be more pressing issues to the new gov, as well.

I'va watched rights disintegrate over time and I can be patient in MD or keep looking at my options to get out.

It is very frustrating and discouraging not knowing what is going on, but most of the discouragement is being fabricated by us.

Of all people, I know. I am in the middle of the "process" now. Until I have removed the last arrow from my quiver, I am not done. There are people, in much higher standing than anyone here, all over this state, fighting for our rights. Things WILL change.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It is very frustrating and discouraging not knowing what is going on, but most of the discouragement is being fabricated by us.

Of all people, I know. I am in the middle of the "process" now. Until I have removed the last arrow from my quiver, I am not done. There are people, in much higher standing than anyone here, all over this state, fighting for our rights. Things WILL change.

Who?

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL

:thumbsup:

Funny how quickly folks want executive actions and "directives" passed down when they feel empowered somehow... If you want real long-term change, let's let the process play out. In other words - be PATIENT. ;)

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The issue is I already have a permit.

Modifications of permits are 100% at the discretion of the superintendent who serves at the pleasure of the governor.

Honoring my request would've at least given us a sliver of hope that the tides have changed in the permit division of the Maryland State police.

Their desire to continue with the arbitrary restrictions scheme is very disheartening.

You sure the superintendent makes the call and not his hired licensing employees? I doubt the super sits down and reviews them. Look at the Sgt. who got your request. He is not our friend. Ask anyone who has dealt with him.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Please tell me you're joking. Exactly how many days does it take for a governor and his superintendant to support what is right and make a change? They don't need anyone else's permission to make the change, it is 100% up to them. What exactly are they waiting for the planets to align. My request is reasonable and valid.

Magic wands only work at Disney. Even then, only in your mind. It takes actual staff to actually investigate law abiding people, call their references, do background checks, and do interviews. Instead of funding 100 new MSP staff, the legislature decided to cut pension funding (again, still), give existing staff a raise, and spend money on other stuff.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO even things like removal of restrictions won't occur without a chane in policy directive to MSP.

If SD is not a G&S reason for issuance of a permit, I'm guessing MSP won't see it as a reason to modify an existing restriction.

My .02

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Magic wands only work at Disney. Even then, only in your mind. It takes actual staff to actually investigate law abiding people, call their references, do background checks, and do interviews. Instead of funding 100 new MSP staff, the legislature decided to cut pension funding (again, still), give existing staff a raise, and spend money on other stuff.

Perhaps you didn't read my entire first post. I already have a permit. I am requesting a modification of my arbitrary restrictions.

The fact that I received the letter suggests that no policy change whatsoever has happened at the Maryland State police. That is not a good sign.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    :thumbsup:

Funny how quickly folks want executive actions and "directives" passed down when they feel empowered somehow... If you want real long-term change, let's let the process play out. In other words - be PATIENT. ;)

What's up. Hope you are well. Say hi to the little one for me.

For a seed to take root, it must be carefully planted on prepared soil. Not just cast to the wind.

This transition to freeing MDers' rights needs to be carefully completed.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    IMO even things like removal of restrictions won't occur without a chane in policy directive to MSP. If SD is not a G&S reason for issuance of a permit, I don't see it as a reason to modify an existing restriction. My .02

I was very careful with my wording. I'm not asking for self-defense as the restriction.

I'm asking to operate within laws already on the books. "All lawful purposes" encompasses that.

I can carry a 45 ACP into a bank but not into a 7-11 unless I am actively involved in financial business transactions?

Is it just me or is that completely insane.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Perhaps you didn't read my entire first post. I already have a permit. I am requesting a modification of my arbitrary restrictions.

The fact that I received the letter suggests that no policy change whatsoever has happened at the Maryland State police. That is not a good sign.

IMO even things like removal of restrictions won't occur without a chane in policy directive to MSP.

If SD is not a G&S reason for issuance of a permit, I'm guessing MSP won't see it as a reason to modify an existing restriction.

My .02

^^^ this. I highly doubt arbitrary restrictions will be removed until the whole arbitrary policy changes.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Incorrect. It just means nothing has been handed down yet. Remember, you initiated your letter before Sine Die. That may or may not play a part.

I am being as patient as I can with my current case. I have seen some glimmers of hope. I was able to have my review removed from the hands of the sgt that denied me. That is a procedural victory for me at this time. I also got a message from the asst. division commander, whom I am told is a very upstanding and reasonable person, that he would be personally handling my review as to address ALL of my concerns. That right there is a change of pace from the last decade or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom