• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    I just got an older revolver with the old style j frame grips. The look really cool but they are hard to hold on to with sweaty hands the uncomfortable grip probably makes the double action pull seem harder than it really is.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a more hand filling grip that doesn't completely compromise the great concealability of this gun?

EDIT: I forgot to say that it is a round butt grip

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I like the secret service grips from Eagle Grips. The checkering doesn't snag in the pocket or print under a shirt, while the shape really locks the revolver into the hand.

It has been a pain for me to get Eagle Grips to actually fulfill my orders in the past, so I've also used these from VZ Grips. They are cheaper, and not quite as nice, but they work just as well.

These kind of boot grips really shine on the internal hammer J-frames (Like the 642) because they allow you to get a comfortable grip "up high" to control recoil. They worked fine for my model 60 Chief's Special (with hammer) as well.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    I like the secret service grips from Eagle Grips. The checkering doesn't snag in the pocket or print under a shirt, while the shape really locks the revolver into the hand.

It has been a pain for me to get Eagle Grips to actually fulfill my orders in the past, so I've also used these from VZ Grips. They are cheaper, and not quite as nice, but they work just as well.

These kind of boot grips really shine on the internal hammer J-frames (Like the 642) because they allow you to get a comfortable grip "up high" to control recoil. They worked fine for my model 60 Chief's Special (with hammer) as well.
    Can you get a full three fingers on the secret service eagle grips? The finger grove cut out looks like it would make for an awkward placement of the ring and pinkie finger. I have a model 36 which I believe would be the same size as your model 60.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I carried a Mod 36 and then a Mod 60, both round butt J frames, as my official off-duty weapons during the 70s and 80s. I used slightly over size Pachmayr rubber grips on them. Still own both weapons and sometimes carry. The Pachmayrs made it much easier to qualify with.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have a square butt Model 63 (22LR J-frame) with a set of 'round butt' Pachmyers on it. I can second they are excellent for shooting. A proper holster should allow uncompromised cover carry with the enhanced grips.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Mine has the Uncle Mike boot grips and I like them but I don't have a large hand, just medium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom