• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just an FYI it turns out that their policy is now to restrict any gun sales in Maryland to 10 round magazines. Even though the law hasn't changed looks like you're getting ahead of the game.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just called Gander in Salisbury........ they said not true didn't know anything about it.

I just purchased a XDM 45 acp and they refused to send me the 13rd mags. I was stuck having to by it with 10 round.

Give their online company a call. They will tell you different.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just finished speaking with them again. He stated that this is a corporate policy and that no matter what you buy from them they will only ship it if it has a 10 round magazine or less.

Anyone can call and verify and they will tell you the same exact thing. I find this completely outrageous but what are we going to do about it.

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County
    This is silly. Even if the MD AWB passes, it doesn't even go into effect until October 1st, right? Haven't any of these retailers learned from what happened to Dick's Sporting Goods?

Have we heard any stupid things like this out of Cabela's or Bass Pro?

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I never liked Gander, here is Salisbury their prices were always high, they carried the lower end models of everything and the people working the counter knew nothing about firearms trying to sell everyone who walked through the door a Sigma or a glock. I was in there with my brother once against my will and overhead a customer ask the difference between two revolvers (different make, model and cal) and the Gander employee tell them "nothing".
    I would never give them any money and prefer to endorse my local private owned gun shops.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I never liked Gander, here is Salisbury their prices were always high, they carried the lower end models of everything and the people working the counter knew nothing about firearms trying to sell everyone who walked through the door a Sigma or a glock. I was in there with my brother once against my will and overhead a customer ask the difference between two revolvers (different make, model and cal) and the Gander employee tell them "nothing".
    I would never give them any money and prefer to endorse my local private owned gun shops.

Meh, the first year and a half or so of them opening I got KILLER deals on some used guns..... that just doesn't happen anymore. Few if any used and sky high prices.

Sometimes their ignorance was a good thing when selling them something used. :)

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I just finished speaking with them again. He stated that this is a corporate policy and that no matter what you buy from them they will only ship it if it has a 10 round magazine or less.

Anyone can call and verify and they will tell you the same exact thing. I find this completely outrageous but what are we going to do about it.

Hey, it's their (myopic) choice. Obviously they don't want to be in the firearms market any longer considering there are plenty of other places that will still sell mags >10 rounds. They will either be forced to stop selling because "sales were way down and didn't justify continued offerings." or they will be forced to sell at drastically reduced prices for the same firearm from another dealer. Remember, free markets work both ways.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    gander has really gone down hill in my opinion. the one in winchester used to have all their guns (other than handguns) out in the open to play with. now they are well behind the counters and a waiting list to be able to handle.

not even sure why they bother selling ammo. i guess they have more variety than walmart, but the core stuff is way more expensive than walmart.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    gander has really gone down hill in my opinion. the one in winchester used to have all their guns (other than handguns) out in the open to play with. now they are well behind the counters and a waiting list to be able to handle.

not even sure why they bother selling ammo. i guess they have more variety than walmart, but the core stuff is way more expensive than walmart.

True but the only problem with that was IDIOT parents allowing they're dumb assed kids play with them.... and they got dropped. :mad54:

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I'm done with Gander, a couple days ago I was looking for a threaded .22 pistol because I'm considering getting a suppressor. I asked if they had any because I couldn't see the barrel from the angle at which they put them and the guy replied with "We don't sell those. Do you want to take a guess why?" in the most condescending tone possible. After a couple seconds of shock (not the answer I was expecting) I said that suppressors are legal, he responded that they weren't and I said that they were with a lot of paperwork, a $200 tax stamp, lots of waiting, and other things and that pistols with threaded barrels are viewed as no different from a normal pistol legally. He maintained that they didn't sell pistols with threaded barrels. I pointed out several pistols in their inventory that have a threaded barrels just to contradict him, then left forever. I don't care that he doesn't know suppressor law, but I can't contribute money to someone's paycheck that treats me as rude as he did. It's not like I ever walked out of that store happier than when I came in so not a major loss.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Not sure why people are buying guns from there anyway. Your local gun store can easily beat their prices and service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom