• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have a pre ban AR15 2012 Loki weapon systems AR. 16” light profile barrel with Magpul more furniture. Any hoot I am thinking of building another upper with all the BS going on in Annapolis. I feel like I can’t even transport it to the range or anywhere. When someone spot this “Assault rifle” getting ridiculous. Any way I have Four AR 15’s. Currently this one and the two others in 223 Wylde. One is a 20” BHW Bull and one is a 18” BHW Bull. The other is a 20” BHW 264 LBC National Match profile. While both the 223’s are very accurate the 264 LBC is extremely accurate sub moa with factory Hornady 123 SST ammo. Any way if I do this I am debating on building either another 264 LBC or. 6.5 Grendel with 22” barrel as a coyote rifle. Thinking since I have 264 LBC I should stick with it.as I will be able to load AMMO that will most probably shoot in both rifle. If I go with 6.5 Grendel it will most probably be different enough to cause pressure issues between different chambering and loading. With that being said if I have to load differently I might as well go to another caliber ie. 6 mm AR,/243 LBC. This would make another great caliber for the AR15 platform. So for me I am thinking if I stick with the 6.5 I’ll just do another 264 LBC BHW barrel. If not the 6mm AR/243 LBC. Just tossing out into the either.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have a pre ban AR15 2012 Loki weapon systems AR. 16” light profile barrel with Magpul more furniture. Any hoot I am thinking of building another upper with all the BS going on in Annapolis. I feel like I can’t even transport it to the range or anywhere. When someone spot this “Assault rifle” getting ridiculous. Any way I have Four AR 15’s. Currently this one and the two others in 223 Wylde. One is a 20” BHW Bull and one is a 18” BHW Bull. The other is a 20” BHW 264 LBC National Match profile. While both the 223’s are very accurate the 264 LBC is extremely accurate sub moa with factory Hornady 123 SST ammo. Any way if I do this I am debating on building either another 264 LBC or. 6.5 Grendel with 22” barrel as a coyote rifle. Thinking since I have 264 LBC I should stick with it.as I will be able to load AMMO that will most probably shoot in both rifle. If I go with 6.5 Grendel it will most probably be different enough to cause pressure issues between different chambering and loading. With that being said if I have to load differently I might as well go to another caliber ie. 6 mm AR,/243 LBC. This would make another great caliber for the AR15 platform. So for me I am thinking if I stick with the 6.5 I’ll just do another 264 LBC BHW barrel. If not the 6mm AR/243 LBC. Just tossing out into the either.

Dunno, your point of possible issues of .264LBC in a 6.5G I think have some merit. Not sure how mich truth there really is to that or not. IMHO, I have an 18” 6.5G fluted HBAR I threw tigger originally for $250 for the upper (I’ve upgraded a couple of parts since) and it does 1MOA all day long with Hornady ELD-M. .9MOA with federal fusion. I’ve got some SST I’ve been meaning to try, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Sure that’s not itty bitty accuracy, but perfect for my deer rifle

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, doubling down in 264LBC is not a wise long-term investment - support for it is going to taper off now that the official 6.5 Grendel reamers are available.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    That a good point about the Grendel being standardized because now reamers are available to everyone. The type 2 chamber does change the throat which was an issue in a Type 1 chamber. This was addressed by the 264 LBC. So I believe it’s good. It’s really come down to a .125 bolt for LBC and a .136 bolt for Grendel.
    I hear what your saying about long term support but it’s really just a 7.62 x 39 bolt. The 264 LBC shoots great sub moa and no issues, I just don’t want to have to work up 2 different loads. One for each rifle because of chamber differences. If that ends up happening I might as well just go to a 243 LBC or 6mm AR. The 243 LBC/ 6mm AR are better ballistically than the 6.5 Grendel (264 LBC)and carry about the same energy at muzzle and roughly the same down range. Just flatter shooting with less drift and cheaper to shoot. To convert Grendel brass you just get a Type s die put a .268 bushing in and your good to go. But god knows I reload enough calibers. I enjoy all that which I do so it’s not a chore just a work up and problem solving. So it’s sounds like in my mind it really is all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    FYI after a lot of consideration I opted for going with a 264 LBC. Here is the reasoning. I had almost convinced myself the 243 LBC was the way to go. A 22" 243 LBC with a 105 gr RDF can hit just shy of 1,300 yds supersonic at sea level. But here again bullet selection is the answer. If I use a 130 RDF in my 20" 264 LBC it hits 1210 yds supersonic. So to maximize the 264 is the answer. That way I can shoot either rifles with the same loads . So I opted for a 24" Semi Bull Black Hole Weaponry 1*8 barrel. The 20" 264 shoots shoot ridiculous. Even a nimrod like me can get it to shoot sub moa. Black Hole does make a very nice and very accurate barrel. So until the end of March Columbia River Arms is having a winter 30% off custom barrel sale. I got a 24" 1*8 Black Hole Semi Bull cerakoted barrel for $265. I'm guessing 4 to 8 weeks. Needless I have gotten al the part to finish the upper. Guntec Upper Receiver Billet FDE, and a Breek 17" ultralight 17" keymod handguard. With their break with external thread to accept a can. I already used some Wheeler Ceramakote and painted it FDE and it came black anodized. I really love the Wheeler product it does an excellent job. I left the top picatinny rail black as it had the rail points laser engraved. Ill post some pics and some range time after I get it put together. Have a great day!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom