• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because they slap the trigger : 1. Consistantly 2. Straight back .

If Blaster is hitting the target during rapid fire , your trigger control isn't S÷!# by definition .

Good trigger control you can hit upside down , standing on your head, backwards , so long as gun is pointed more or less at target . Jerk the trigger , you will miss , regardless of picture perfect , tacticool stance of the month .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I get a case of the flinches every now and then just like everyone does. What has been vexing me lately, though: developing good trigger management habits after changing from a traditional DA/SA hammer-fired pistol (CZ, 1911) to a striker-fired pistol. It's like learning to shoot all over again but, I like training with my Walther PPQ 45 so much it's worth the extra effort to get good with it.

Tea-cupping is a bad habit I developed when shooting in IHMSA matches years ago. Now, I do it without even knowing I'm doing it but, this new grip Blaster showed me all but prevents the brain-fart that caused it in the first place. It's working good so far and I don't plan on changing it.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Use a mag with live rounds and a snap cap or two mixed in, and you might find yourself pushing the gun forward on the snap cap trigger pull.

Even without snap caps, when I catch myself doing this (usually after having a long absence from the range), it really pisses me off.

Or in a revolver. If I suspect I'm anticipating the shot, I mix spent cases with live rounds. Always calms me down and helps me overcome it with a little self-shaming. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom