• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Open Carry stroll down on the Mall this weekend?

HvyMax did it the last time out.

I am checking back with them frequently. If they go constitutional carry again I am definitely carrying in DC, just cause I can.

Dec 31, 2012
    I am checking back with them frequently. If they go constitutional carry again I am definitely carrying in DC, just cause I can.

If they go constitutional carry for a few days I will try to go down and open carry my wife's pink pistol in recognition of the work the Pink Pistols put into this case.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Open Carry stroll down on the Mall this weekend?

HvyMax did it the last time out.

This recent ruling DID NOT strike down the entire law, like the previous ruling did. Its important to know the difference and understand the law and that this recent ruling only affected the concealed carry application qualifications.

I WOULD NOT carry in DC without a permit unless you are advised you can do so lawfully be a knowledgeable DC attorney or you can afford to be jailed and the legal battle that will follow.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This recent ruling DID NOT strike down the entire law, like the previous ruling did. Its important to know the difference and understand the law and that this recent ruling only affected the concealed carry application qualifications.

I WOULD NOT carry in DC without a permit unless you are advised you can do so lawfully be a knowledgeable DC attorney or you can afford to be jailed and the legal battle that will follow.
    Exactly see my prior post #14

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Wow. I was so discouraged after listening to the Kolbe en banc, but then comes Teixeira, and now comes Grace/Pink Pistols. (!)
    I always questioned how evidence could possibly be shown that an AWB reduces crime, just like the non-existent evidence that a gun store attracts criminals (the Teixeira homeowners admitted they were just anti-gun). I don't understand what the ramifications of Judge Leon's decision for Grace/Pink Pistols, with the DC concealed carry ruling by Kollar-Kotelly being appealed to the DC Circus Court of Appeals, but it sounds good. Again, Kollar-Kotelly says the CC permitting restrictions are valid “in reducing risks posed to members of the public in the District of Columbia as a result of concealed weapons carried in public.”, but then again, what evidence could they possibly show that CC restrictions actually reduce risk, that warrants the restriction on our 2A constitutional rights?
    Finally, a judge (Leon) says our 2A rights are valid outside the home also.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Agreed. :thumbsup:

Considering what the Pink Pistols have done, we (MDS) might reconsider bashing the "gay" community ala the "Butt Love/Subaru" thread.

Ahh, yes! Everyone knows that straight white men dont get a fair shake and that the judicial system is lop sided towards women, minorities, and gays so lets not offend them.:rolleyes:

Lets celebrate the unbalanced scales of the legal system!

If it wasnt for the the gays we wouldnt get back our freedoms.:rolleyes:

Take that men who died for our freedom to keep and bear arms in the first place! They gays have freed us!

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    The plaintiff is married to a WOMAN. The membership of the pink pistols is not completely made up of gays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom