• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Kinda funny to watch him run without getting anything for his troubles. :lol2:

I had the alarm company put a relais-out on a recent system install. If you set off the alarm, everything gets lit up like a stage. Indoor, perimeter lights, everything but a siren.

Less funny is the typo in the thread title. :sad20:

Indulging the NatBoh a bit early today?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I had the alarm company put a relais-out on a recent system install. If you set off the alarm, everything gets lit up like a stage. Indoor, perimeter lights, everything but a siren.

Indulging the NatBoh a bit early today?

That's actually a great idea. Lights on, makes him think someone is there and he high tails it out. I like it. An alarm might just tell him "cops will be here in 10-20 minutes, smash and grab"

Maybe add a "who's that, I have a gun and its loaded" recording from a speaker in the back room"

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That's actually a great idea. Lights on, makes him think someone is there and he high tails it out. I like it. An alarm might just tell him "cops will be here in 10-20 minutes, smash and grab"

He did well high-tailing it out of there once the alarm went off. My business is just around the corner and the St Mary's deputies caught a burglar with a prompt response to a nighttime alarm a couple of years ago. This is not like in a city where commercial alarms have hours of response time. If there is a unit in the area, they are enroute soon after the call from the monitoring company.

Switching the lights also gives you much better pictures off the cameras.

I don't like having a siren. I want to be able to hear what's going on. I wanted them to program the siren only to activate if the system is in 'away' status but apparently they can't do that.

Maybe add a "who's that, I have a gun and its loaded" recording from a speaker in the back room"

Just play the sound of a shotgun being racked....

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Lights on, looks in the display cases and sees nothing (everything locked up in the safe for the night) hauls ass.
    :lol:

Any dealer that does not do that, or whose shop isn't a fortress is just asking for it these days.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Gun shop outside the gate at Pax, didn't they leave all the guns in the racks at night? Last robbery quite a few firearms stolen. I always thought that they had to be secured when the business is closed.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Gun shop outside the gate at Pax, didn't they leave all the guns in the racks at night? Last robbery quite a few firearms stolen. I always thought that they had to be secured when the business is closed.

That is what happened. We can only hope things are secured at night there now; I have no idea what their current practice is.

Whether they "have to" secure things when closed is a great question. I've never heard about any law on that subject, doesn't mean there isn't one, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom