• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yes, you should strongly consider not ordering one of these.

I hear they have the same reliability and safety issues as the Mosin Nagant rifles. :innocent0

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    I'm just mailing mine regular snail mail. I can't justify spending extra money on overnight or UPS delivery when the chances of success are so slim to begin with.

I'm hoping to get lucky!

I just dropped my order, regular snail mail. I have ordered every CMP rifle in this manner and I have never missed out on the opportunity to receive what I ordered.

I have always been pleased with each rifle I have received. If successful, and I'm relatively confident that I will be, this will be my sixth M-1 Carbine from CMP.

I get a perverse sense of anticipation and pleasure when the rifle finally arrives, much like opening Christmas presents. I basically know what I am getting but I don't "really" know what it will look like until I open that case! :party29:

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    Argh! My problem is that I haven't gotten an updated membership card from MSRPA, my affiliated club of choice, showing that I'm valid after January here - anybody have a shortcut around that? I mean, screenshot of the website saying my membership is valid, but is that enough for CMP? I would guess not...

Dammit. I don't want to miss out on these!

With my Garand order I took a screen shot of the entire page and it was accepted. I highlighted the member until line.

I had to update my Member status last night after I logged into the e-store and got a warning, I emailed them the PDF of my renewed screen shot and they replied that I was updated.
    custserve@thecmp.org
    Included my customer number since I purchased before

Long time lurker, just wanted to say the information you all have is great!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I ordered mine. Got it notarized even though my last one was still good just so I'll be good for another three years. Went to the post office and told them I wanted it to be there on Monday. The clerk looked it up and said first class would be there Tuesday but Priority Mail $6.45 would be there Monday with a tracking number. She dropped my envelope into a Priority envelope printed out the postage and handed me the receipt and highlighted the tracking number.

It is not hard once you are in the system at CMP just give them your customer number and when you are filling out new forms just put "Previously Submitted" on the check list.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Order on the way via FedEx. AM delivery Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the forms get there early.

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    This one is gonna put a hurtin on the piggy bank but i've been wanting a carbine for a while now. Hope i get lucky!

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    I sent it FedEx. 34 bucks is worth it. I have had nothing but horrible USPS performance at least here in port deposit. No way would priority get there Monday for me.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 II using Tapatalk

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Score! The boss said to go for it, so the papers go out next-day-delivery tomorrow!

(I got my MSRPA status updated with CMP, so I'm good to spend more money there again - they do respond quickly when it counts.)

((and if you have to ask who "the boss" is, you ain't married, are ya?))

:party29:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I did snail mail. Either I get in, or it was never meant to be, and the money will go to another pursuit. I am hoping I at least get the field grade (I did a first choice/second choice).

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I mailed in my order, just placed it in my mailbox and the mail carrier took it this afternoon. Don't know if it will get there by Monday or even if at all.

I asked for the service grade. Years ago I has a Winchester and sold it for $200.00 to a friend. Bet he's still laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom