• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

Jul 30, 2012
    Carroll County
    Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated. Wanted to shoot both before choosing but it seems nobody has either for rent. (If anyone wants to help with that too that would be awesome!:thumbsup:).

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    No experience with either, but you might call On Target, if you haven't already, and see if those are available to rent. There may be closer establishments to Carroll Co.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I own neither. If I were in the area, I'd offer to let you try my SIG 938 or my wife's Ruger LCP (.380 version of LC9). We both concealed carry these guns.

I made my choice based on how well I could shoot the gun: trigger and sights. My wife chose her gun based on convenience: size and weight. Our priorities are different.

I don't know if you're considering a Ruger LC9 with a laser (I prefer open sights), but this seems like a fair price:

30630.jpg

Ruger LC9 LaserMax 9mm Pistol 3206 - Regular Price: $499.99 Special Price $299.99 from Palmetto State Armory

PSA is notorious for great prices and slow shipping (3 weeks+). I buy a lot of stuff from PSA because I'm willing to wait.

wrlg17

Dec 2, 2014
    Annapolis
    I own both. On Target does have both for rent. I would go with the Shield. But if you are looking at the LC9s, I would go with that one, great trigger (half the pull length and half the pounds on trigger pull versus original LC9). I have the laser on both my LC9 (I have both the original and the striker fired one). Shield is a great shooter, but I conceal the LC9 better.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I own the M&P Shield and I really like it. I do carry it when I am a state that allows me to but granted I am not fortunate to carry all of the time. I shoots great and has a great feel too it. It is comfortable with an IWB holster from Foxx Holsters.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    LC9s, because I love my LCP, and they've improved upon the trigger. My friends who have bought the bodyguard, say the trigger sucks. I don't know if it's the same as the shield's, but, it makes me cautious. Also, in addition to being striker fired with an improved trigger, Ruger now makes them without an external safety. Like Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom