• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Bought a supposedly unissued/unfired Yugo with grenade launcher and bayo. I am happy to report all shots on a paper plate at both 25 and 50 yards. I really like it!! Fairly accurate, elegant, reliable gun. And I swore that would not buy another caliber..........but cheap to shoot at $.20/round. The free floating firing pin is a little scary.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Bought a supposedly unissued/unfired Yugo with grenade launcher and bayo. I am happy to report all shots on a paper plate at both 25 and 50 yards. I really like it!! Fairly accurate, elegant, reliable gun. And I swore that would not buy another caliber..........but cheap to shoot at $.20/round. The free floating firing pin is a little scary.

Just keep the firing pin chamber really clean and you'll never have a problem.

Congrats on your purchase.

And what Sling Blade said.

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    Where?

Where did you purchase? Classic Firearms?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

If you haven't already, take that thing FULLY apart and make sure it's clean.

Feb 28, 2013

Gitcher'self some Russkie caliber snap caps. Them's something every SKS owner oughta have.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    You might want to check the sear angle to be sure yours has positive engagement with the hammer. The few I have examined were neutral and had to have the angle changed to avoid having the gun discharge accidentally. This can happen when the rifle is bumped while a round is chambered! The SKS safety mechanism does not block the sear!

I have done several trigger jobs to repair this condition and improved the trigger dramatically. Mine has almost no creep and a consistent 6 pound pull. Definitely not a match trigger, but very respectable for a battle rifle with the benefit of improved safety.

There are several good videos that show you how to do the job like a pro. Just go slowly and remove only the material necessary using a very fine stone. Reducing the creep requires shortening the sear a little. Extreme care should be taken to avoid ruining the sear, which is easy to do if you take off too much. Hone, assemble, test, and repeat as needed until done.

I love shooting my SKS!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Nice! Get yourself a golf ball launcher. Those things are fun. Remember to clean out the grenade valve in the gas block thoroughly, even if you clean nothing else on that rifle. They're much harder to clean if they seize.

Chantilly was a joke for prices on sks rifles $500 and up

Enough people pay that or near it though. I might actually ditch my remaining SKS at those prices to fund another AK.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Love my previously un-issued SKS as well. Stock was nice, and the parts all appeared in great shape.

Accurate to the point of it's intent.

Agree with others, if you don't have one, you NEED one!!!!!!

My SKS pic was already posted somewhere......

**EDIT** No issue with the free floating pin. I have put close to 300 rounds through mine between cleanings. Every time I take the bolt out, the pin is still "floating".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom