• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Just a heads up.

My youngest son and I were at Flat Broke Shooters yesterday, and they had Federal LRP and LRP Magnum primers. (1 case of each.)

They also had a quantity (total amount - I don't remember!) of #209 primers.

Didn't ask the price.

Contact them for price and what they have left.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Mostly I've seen modest price increases for primers . they either have them or don't .

At this point I'm sure there are more than a few people who would want to pay scalper prices fot Small Primers if they could .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Mostly I've seen modest price increases for primers . they either have them or don't .

At this point I'm sure there are more than a few people who would want to pay scalper prices fot Small Primers if they could .

Likely. I have seen a place or two that have pushed prices some. Combined with a limit of 1 per customer, very high shipping and stratospheric hazmat charges.

So you end up at like $103 for a single box of CCI 34 7.62 mil primers shipped to your door.

I don’t have an issue limiting it to 1, but are your shipping charges really $20 and it’s costing you $29.99 in hazmat?

I highly, highly doubt it.

byf43

I'm thinking the answer was "Now let's see you just drop them pants".

It’s not my place to state what their prices are, but, I bought primers from them last month, and the price wasn’t anywhere as high as I’ve seen in the classifieds, of this forum.

If I had needed the primers they do have, I would have bought them.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    It’s not my place to state what their prices are, but, I bought primers from them last month, and the price wasn’t anywhere as high as I’ve seen in the classifieds, of this forum.

If I had needed the primers they do have, I would have bought them.

Absolutely! Wanna shoot, or wanna watch?

Primers selling for 5 times last year's price would still produce bargain priced ammo, compared to much of what's out there now.

byf43

anyone got a line on small rifle (.223) primers??

My best primer guy said expect 6 months to see SR or SP .

^^^That's the best (and to the point) 'word' I've heard about SRP.

NOBODY that I know of, has SRP.

Not that I need them, but, it would be nice to see/hear that they are in the pipeline.

In my shooting/loading experience, I've never seen supplies so 'thin'.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If people would just stop buying them at insane prices and buying 40k when they only shoot 1k a year we wouldn’t have this problem.

I don’t know what you mean *adjusts reloading bench leg made out of crates of primers*

/serious sarcasm in case that wasn’t clear. I am fine on primers. I wish I had more, and certainly don’t have crates, but I am okay for awhile. Now once things return to normal, if they ever do, I am going to learn me my damn lesson and probably get 5k of all the regular primers and at least 2k it magnum large and small pistol primers.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I don’t know what you mean *adjusts reloading bench leg made out of crates of primers*

/serious sarcasm in case that wasn’t clear. I am fine on primers. I wish I had more, and certainly don’t have crates, but I am okay for awhile. Now once things return to normal, if they ever do, I am going to learn me my damn lesson and probably get 5k of all the regular primers and at least 2k it magnum large and small pistol primers.

I got caught during the last shortage, never again. Most people only get burnt once. Primers are cheap enough and easy to store.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got caught during the last shortage, never again. Most people only get burnt once. Primers are cheap enough and easy to store.

I got in to guns in 2014. So...

But I’ve been learning. I didn’t get caught short on Ammo. Both made sure to be well stocked a long time ago. Plus saw this coming so I was filling holes and rounding edges back in January and February.

But I got reloading gear as a hand-me-down from my wife’s uncle a couple of years ago. The 18 months before the pandemic I’d gotten a few die sets. A couple pieces of reloading gear. Saw this stuff coming and ramped up. I didn’t actually start reloading until March though. Reloaded a lot in the few months since then. A lot of stuff I still got early before any panic. Plenty of stuff I got after the panic, but before reloading stuff got scarce.

Still filling a hole or two here and there. Like I got 30 carbine dies not long ago through a buddy “used”, probably never actually used, but the box was open, RCBS dies. No components other than SRPs and range brass. Scored some PPU FMJ and SPRN bullets a few weeks ago. Managed to find a pound of H110. Loaded up a bit. Found what worked great. Then serendipitously RMR has Armscor pre-primed cases, so I ordered 500 which should last me at least a year or two of loading and shooting and best, not have to touch my small number of SRPs!

And Everglades has coated RN for a reasonable price with free shipping (13.6c a round?). Then red eye reloading had Xtreme bullets coated RN for like 10.5c a round, under 12c once you are in shipping for 500. Both seem to be able to be pushed to 1900-2000fps with no issues.

So now I’ve got plenty of components to load 30 carbine and didn’t end up shelling out a ton (well, rubs me wrong to buy brass, but made an exception since it was pre-primed and RMR has a nice price on it on top of that!).

Had plenty (alright, an okay amount) of commercial and milsurp 30 carbine, but it ain’t just about that. I love reloading and now, if my primers don’t dry up (using the SRP for .223/5.56 and 6.5 Grendel) I can be sure I’ve got the reloading supplies to load and shoot my 30 carbine for years to come.

But yeah, normal prices and and availability, I’ll be grabbing 5k of SPP, SRP and likely LPP and LRP even though I have less calibers that use those two and would be loading it less. I can store the primers in a cool dry place. So maybe it lasts me 20 years. It’ll probably be okay that long. If not, I guess I buy new ones then.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just did a deal with a new member for SRPs and SPPs. I paid fiddy per K. I am ok with that. Nice guy and he made a little on the deal which I'm also good with.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Primers are the one component I didn’t stock up on enough.

like folks here said, burn me once.

I have a lot of factory ammo stocked up but I now am slowing my shooting to conserve a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom