Bel Air, Maryland

Hours

Friday 5:00pm – 9:00pm
    Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
    Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm

Admission

General: $5.00

Description

The American Legion Harford Post #39 Gun Show will be held on Sep 16th - 18th, 2016 in Bel Air, Maryland. This Bel Air gun show is held at American Legion Harford Post #39 and hosted by American Legion Harford Post #39 & Sons of American Legion Squadron #39. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.
    Promoters
    American Legion Harford Post #39

Phone: (410) 652-8222
    Email: ta.sn2@verizon.net

Sons of American Legion Squadron #39

Phone: (443) 243-1885

500 North Hickory Avenue
    Bel Air, Maryland 21014
    Vendor

8ft Tables
    Tables $40.00/each

Dealer Setup:
    Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm

Tables are renting fast, so don't hesitate.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Woohoo. nothing like this show. Walk in, walk around, walk out in 30 minutes, whether you buy something or not. I really do like this show! Last year I bought an old 22 lever action for $160. How can you complain about that?

Lets see that's 3 shows in 4 weeks. Dundalk, Howard County and Bel Air. Then a couple more weeks and Timonium. Then the next month, Guntoberfest at the Oaks show in PA.

I gotta get busy and make some money. Gonna be a busy next couple of months.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I kinda like this little show. A lot of the usual suspects show up, but a lot of other people selling I haven't seen before. I will be there!

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    It can be a busy weekend. My plan is to hit the Bel Air Show Friday evening. Saturday head up to the Central Pa. Canine Rescue for homecoming (my adopted son came from there. He doesn't know he's a dog) then, if I have any money left, trek up to the Gettysburg show Sunday. Of course, that's just my plan: the social secretary (the Mrs.) hasn't approved it all yet.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I haven't been to this show in years. What's typically the best day to go?

What's your meaning of Best? Best day to find the best selection=Friday evening. Best day to get a possible deal=Sunday. Best day to meet folks from here=Saturday.

I don't know if there's going to be a meet up, stay tuned or go when your schedule allows. I wouldn't commit anymore than 2 hours for this show and that's probably at least an hour to talk to folks and grab a bite to eat. I usually go to buy the oddball stuff. Last year I bought a 22 lever action for one of my nephews. I believe Tyler Firearms said they won't be there, so the selection will be down a bit.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Would that be a good show to try and sell some vintage Unertl and Lyman Super Target Spot Scopes? I was planning on taking them to the Easton show in November. Thanks - - Harvey

Anything is possible, but be warned this will be the smallest show you will probably ever attend. Basement is approximately 30x40 and the main floor about is 60x60. I'm probably being a little generous on the size, but maybe not.

Good Luck!

cwalker3

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    What's your meaning of Best? Best day to find the best selection=Friday evening. Best day to get a possible deal=Sunday. Best day to meet folks from here=Saturday.

I don't know if there's going to be a meet up, stay tuned or go when your schedule allows. I wouldn't commit anymore than 2 hours for this show and that's probably at least an hour to talk to folks and grab a bite to eat. I usually go to buy the oddball stuff. Last year I bought a 22 lever action for one of my nephews. I believe Tyler Firearms said they won't be there, so the selection will be down a bit.

Good Luck!

Thank you.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I want to ask everyone a favor if you're going to the Bel Air Gun Show. If you see a soldier or 2 walking around, offer to buy them lunch and thank them for their service. I've been doing this for the last few years. They also have had a group with a display in the basement. I've bought those guys lunch too.

It's just something I can do to show them my appreciation for a job well done. Please join me.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Would that be a good show to try and sell some vintage Unertl and Lyman Super Target Spot Scopes? I was planning on taking them to the Easton show in November. Thanks - - Harvey

You can probably get 10 times as much by listing them on Gunbroker or eBay as you will face to face at a local gun show.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Unless you hit the exact right person. Specialty items sell better to a wider market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom