• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not bad, picked up some 20rd Pmags for my KS47

Somehow I missed those ended up with some 30s.

Gettysburg has always been small but this was on the even smaller side. Generally good selection of AR parts as usual but other items were scarce.

The real show stopper was the amount of private stuff walking around, lots of M1s nice lever guns. Prices on the stuff walking around were not bad, on the tables terrible.

On the deal side:

1. The new vendor in back is interesting, barely speak English and like to play pricing games but there stuff was cheaper. Be prepared to pay $10 for a background check on a long gun which they call a "deal", if you get 2 guns you pay 2 checks etc. But their prices were significantly less than others so..........guess that's just the price you pay. Ended up buying a Ruger 10/22 Talo M1 edition off of them.

2. The same guys had a CMR for MSRP. I should have bought it, almost bought it got frustrated with the 2 background check fee deal. $630 still kicking myself. Oh well...............I'm sure one of our IP's will come up with one sooner or later. Reaffirmed how much I really want one of these........insanely light and compact

3. Magpul AR stuff was plentiful and cheap.

4. Very little AK mags, some rusty mixed bag stuff for around $12 and some supposed Russian bakelite 5.45 mags for around $50. All Dennis Todd who will deal a little not that much though.

5. There was 1 fairly nice Inland M1 carbine at a table for $850 most were marked up to $1200 to $1800. Some of the M1s on peoples backs were around $1,000 but I suspect most of those guys would have taken $800 to $900.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I was going to get a sub 2k in 40 from them, but got beat to the punch.

Ya they definitely had some "fair" market rate keltec stuff. I was just hot and annoyed with them at that point. They didn't do anything that another dealer hadn't and tried to be helpful. Was just a rather weird transaction.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Went up this morning and picked up 3 standard capacity pmags for my AR's and two standard capacity mags for my Sig 226. I can't stand the fact that I have to go out of state to get these.

The Garand and M1 carbine prices were consistently high, so none tempted me.

Stopped by Keystone Fireworks which is five minutes from the show on the way home and bought some mortars and cakes for the 4th.

Not a bad morning.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    FYI, I was talking to an ammo dealer that said a deal was just signed that would bring a large shipment of Swiss GP11 into the country. Thought some of you would like to know.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Bought some ammo, but overall was kind of disappointed. The aisles were wide and there were a lot of empty tables...kinda felt like Timonium. As the wife said, "there really aren't a lot of guns here." One of the vendors I talked to chalked it up to being a holiday weekend. Oh well, I'll still go back again next time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bought some ammo, but overall was kind of disappointed. The aisles were wide and there were a lot of empty tables...kinda felt like Timonium. As the wife said, "there really aren't a lot of guns here." One of the vendors I talked to chalked it up to being a holiday weekend. Oh well, I'll still go back again next time.

I did wonder how good of a show it was going to be because of the holiday weekend. Maybe we'll have a much different show next time!

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Went up today with Remodeler 1, we bought a few boxes of ammo and that's it. Didn't see the number of firearms as past shows. but it was worth the trip.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    That are having another show this weekend Sept 17-18, at the Event Complex.
    Hopefully it will be better than the last one, I'll find out on Saturday.

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    This is my favorite show. Standard capacity magazines and not as big as Chantilly. Win Win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom