• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Yeah don't bother comparing online mag prices with gun show prices. You won't get anywhere near that. I have a vp9 so same mags and last time I went to this show, there was only one table that had those mags (Think they were called Mags R Us) and they were 50 bucks a pop.

Thanks and good to know. $50 for those mags? Wow, don't know what to say...
    Gas cost, entry fee, 30%markup is not motivating me to make the drive.

I have been getting them shipped to my friend in Hanover and make a trip up once every couple months. I'll just keep going that route.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Bought a whole passel of AK mags (30/20rd) there last time. Guy had a box of them that were listed as "dented". It's important WHERE the dents are, but I bought a bunch for $50. Shot rounds multiple times through all of them. 1 bad one. (took it apart and fixed it) As far as prices go, once you add shipping, the price difference disappears. I am also a C&R junkie (I admit my addiction) and a budding gunsmith. I mostly go to the show to meet and talk to people. There's a world of good information to be had the the show. I usually go on Sunday and make a whole day of it. I'll be wearing one of my Rick3Bears Pro Firearms Care sweatshirts. See ya there!

Last edited:

Clutch

Jan 10, 2013
    Severn
    I'm planning to go out Fri afternoon before rush hour and return after. I've gone for Saturday opening in the past and that's not too bad but it does get busy by late morning. Enjoy!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Looks like their web site is down but Facebook confirms a show this weekend?

Yep, still down. I wondered if it wasn't some sort of denial of service attack ontheir website.

I'm heading down Saturday morning as well.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So happens I have an errand to run this weekend in Sterling. : -)

Jay320

Apr 3, 2013
    Charles County
    I'm going Friday to try to find a nice drop in handguard for my windham hbc. Are the same vendors going to be there on Friday like Saturday?

NYRangers917

Oct 6, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    Every time i go to the chantilly show, look for a nice ar i can never buy any lol. as soon as you say "hello I'm from MD and I'm looking for an AR!" they treat you like a leper and shoo you away. sigh

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Every time i go to the chantilly show, look for a nice ar i can never buy any lol. as soon as you say "hello I'm from MD and I'm looking for an AR!" they treat you like a leper and shoo you away. sigh

Buy the upper you want from Precision Firearms. Then buy the lower from a md dealer.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Cold must have kept the crowds down some today. I got there at 2:40, doors opened at 2:55, and I was inside by 3:00. I was very limited on time so basically jogged everywhere, but seemed like this one had more C&R to offer than the last (that's what I was there for), also looked like a decent selection of ammo too.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    How were the crowds?

I only stayed for about an hour, but crowds did not seem too bad. At least seemed less crowded to me than the last two shows there. The last show I waited almost an hour to get in once doors opened, today I was in within 5 min of doors opening.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Just left the show , had a great time !! Wasn't crowded at all. Got some great deals on mags !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom