• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Looks to me like the officer was piling on charges.

After midnight, speeding, brief chase, unlicensed driver...after that, look for anything else you can get.

I agree the law is stupid, but I obey lots of stupid laws here.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Looks to me like the officer was piling on charges.

After midnight, speeding, brief chase, unlicensed driver...after that, look for anything else you can get.

I agree the law is stupid, but I obey lots of stupid laws here.

The person with the gun was a passenger, not the driver.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well that's a bad test case I am guessing. Still it may lead to a case.. but in NY I can tell you for a fact the police are not 2a friendly.. and in NYC don't be black -- this is not a joke...I wish it was.. funny thing lots of NYC police are black and the same shit happens.. but nevertheless the observation stands...

It kills me to have to call it that bluntly.... but truth is truth.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Well that's a bad test case I am guessing. Still it may lead to a case.. but in NY I can tell you for a fact the police are not 2a friendly.. and in NYC don't be black -- this is not a joke...I wish it was.. funny thing lots of NYC police are black and the same shit happens.. but nevertheless the observation stands...

It kills me to have to call it that bluntly.... but truth is truth.

NYC is a different state from NY pretty much. Upstate NY isn't so bad and even almost shall issue CCW in some counties.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    “The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.”

Abraham Lincoln quotes (American 16th US President (1861-65), who brought about the emancipation of the slaves. 1809-1865)

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    i aquired a beretta nano for the reaqson that i opn a very limited basis have to go to ny.
    i fugure that with only 6 rds in the mag well it wont be 10. i can carry there and do being a retired police but 6 plus one in the chamber still keeps me under that stupid limit
    i dont shoot that acurate with the 6 rd instead of the 8 rd but i still shoot good enough

DD55

Sep 22, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    Probably not a good idea to ride with someone driving without a license, add in a short chase. Having a gun with you legal or not isn't going to help the situation

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    A Town of Lockport man who was a passenger during a traffic stop was charged when he turned over a loaded semiautomatic handgun in a holster from the glove compartment to an officer on Saturday.

Sgt Preston here...

Somehow riding around with a loaded gun in the glove compartment does not sound like a smart thing to do...

7 rounds or 10 rounds makes no difference...

Ignorance of the laws or disobeying the rules is simply stupid...

He can say "Bye Bye" to his guns...

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    His mistake was - volunteering information not solicited by police. As ANY attorney will tell you "speak not one word" to police lest you be found guilty of something.

The traffic stop DID NOT require his disclosure of anything other that presenting his drivers license.

The 5th Amendment is for the protection of the guilty AND the innocent.

Why do ignorant "subjects" feel compelled to divulge information unrelated to the traffic stop?

Last edited:

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    on futher reflection i think i will resurrerct my 1973 colt det special off duty gun. only 6 and no more hey im good. we carried them for decades fore autos took over

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom