• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Tried ordering a dpms lower parts kit this morning and they would not ship it to here.

Screw You SG

edit

I got a $15 off coupon from the NRA. Is there a way to contact the NRA and let them know one of their vendors is screwing a State. The guy quoted the SB281.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't blame them. Hard to have cheap prices when u gotta pay lawyers to tell you what you can and can't ship. They're a national company, cut them some slack.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree with you but they're not gonna miss your 100 bucks. As stated, they sell to the entire US where it's not prohibited.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I don't blame them. Hard to have cheap prices when u gotta pay lawyers to tell you what you can and can't ship. They're a national company, cut them some slack.

NO, don't cut them any slack. SB281 never mentions pins, guards, springs. THIS WAS NOT A FIREARM.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV

If that's their excuse, it's BS. They know what part of an AR is regulated and which parts aren't. How about if I was trying to buy an iron sight? Think they would ship that to me?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If that's their excuse, it's BS. They know what part of an AR is regulated and which parts aren't. How about if I was trying to buy an iron sight? Think they would ship that to me?

Total red herring. The issue is not sending firearms to FFLs. 30 round mags are not regulated firearms, but obviously illegal to ship to Maryland.

Think about it this way: if you owned Sportsman's guide, and did not want to pay lawyers a bunch of money so you could keep your prices low and maximize your profits, it is best for you to take the approach they have taken. They know how to run their business. The beauty of Capitalism is that if you don't like it, you can shop elsewhere.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    They have lawyers on staff, I own a business and have one on retainer. The cost for them to read something to determine a simple matter like this would cost less than $2k

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Perhaps they looked at revenue from MD, and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Happens frequently in business. The lawyers could have advised against it.

Lerlactl

Oct 17, 2010
    Some of you guy's responses about SG not shipping to MD because of not wanting to pay lawyers is silly and out right laughable. All large companies have retained lawyers. In a society as litigious as ours they would be fools not to. Cut them no slack, SB281 isn't that hard to comprehend even for a lay person, much less a lawyer.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Some of you guy's responses about SG not shipping to MD because of not wanting to pay lawyers is silly and out right laughable. All large companies have retained lawyers. In a society as litigious as ours they would be fools not to. Cut them no slack, SB281 isn't that hard to comprehend even for a lay person, much less a lawyer.

Start your own business to compete with them then. It's laughable that you think you know more about internet marketing/sales than Sportsman's Guide.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They have lawyers on staff, I own a business and have one on retainer. The cost for them to read something to determine a simple matter like this would cost less than $2k

I doubt they make $2k off LPKs, at least not from Maryland sales.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Tried ordering a dpms lower parts kit this morning and they would not ship it to here.

Screw You SG

edit

I got a $15 off coupon from the NRA. Is there a way to contact the NRA and let them know one of their vendors is screwing a State. The guy quoted the SB281.

NO, don't cut them any slack. SB281 never mentions pins, guards, springs. THIS WAS NOT A FIREARM.

Amazon still ships ...

AR 15 parts kits

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Do what you want with SG. I still find their ammo and other hunting/survival items well-priced and I've enjoyed doing business with them. I seldom divorce businesses over a single-issue, it's usually not in my best interests.....that's the beauty of free market systems.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Start your own business to compete with them then. It's laughable that you think you know more about internet marketing/sales than Sportsman's Guide.

It's laughable you seem to know everything and others know nothing. A company that deals with firearms accessories and components nationwide is sure to have lawyer(s) on staff or retainer. So yes they sure do have time to read it. If they choose not to and come out with crap answers hold them accountable, if they choose not to sell to maryland they should just say that. But to try and claim SB281 restricts LPK's is ridiculous.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    You are forgetting that it's you that let the dems win here in MD, and it's you who chose to stay here.

I can't blame them for not selling parts anymore than I can blame PSA for not shipping ammo to my home in MoCo.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It's laughable you seem to know everything and others know nothing. A company that deals with firearms accessories and components nationwide is sure to have lawyer(s) on staff or retainer. So yes they sure do have time to read it. If they choose not to and come out with crap answers hold them accountable, if they choose not to sell to maryland they should just say that. But to try and claim SB281 restricts LPK's is ridiculous.

They did choose not to sell certain parts to Maryland, hence this tread. You sound like Obama who knows more about how to run a business than people in that business know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom