• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Sort of kidding about Occam's Ruger. I was a little hard on him.

He may have an unregistered razor for sale, though.

OP wants a Smith, anyway.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    say what? are the shorter barrel round butt models all hammerless?

I was wrong. I miss clicked on the Smith website. THE 586/686 and the 66 are the only guns in their catalog that are .357, 6-shot, SA/DA. The 66 Combat Magnum come close (although I'm really not fond of stainless), and comes with a 2.75 inch barrel. I'd need to change out the grips to something more classic/slimline as I have small hands.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Assuming adjustable sights are acceptable, the Model 66 Combat Magnum (K-frame) is what you're looking for: http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-66-combat-magnum

66CM.jpg

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I was wrong. I miss clicked on the Smith website. THE 586/686 and the 66 are the only guns in their catalog that are .357, 6-shot, SA/DA. The 66 Combat Magnum come close (although I'm really not fond of stainless), and comes with a 2.75 inch barrel. I'd need to change out the grips to something more classic/slimline as I have small hands.

Since you say you have small hands you’ll want good grips which do not cover the backstrap. You and I are in the same boat in that regard. The recoil won’t be too bad with an uncovered backstrap. It is a prefeence based and need to find out what really works for you.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    literally exactly what you are asking for was on armslist in the MD section recently. I went back 20 pages and couldn't find it but you may want to take a look if your bored.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    686 is the L.Frame

K-Frames

64 - 10 is 38 Spl only

13 -65

19-66 Combat Magnum would be the choice for a K frame and naturally it would be Bill Jordan Approved already. 4” and 2.5” snub should be easy to find. 3” are a very rare bird.

Thanks, I got them mixed up. I know it's K then L is bigger (just like the alphabet!) but sometimes feel dyslexic!

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I haven't owned a .357 is a while and now have the itch, so am looking for a recommendation. What I would really like appears to be "unobtainium": a 2.5 to 3.5 inch, medium frame sa/da, round butt 6 shot. In other words, the FBI issue Model 13 from the 1980s. Absent finding a rare used model 13, I would like to get as close to that as I can. Any suggestions?

Gunrunners in Frederick has a S&W Model 357 that i believe had a 3.5 inch barrel on it. Its dated back to a 1954 manufacture so it is a C&R. If I remember what he told me, its a pre-27 and for like 2 years Smith called it a Model 357.

Everything but the grips are original from what I was told and its in great shape with a smooth trigger. If my funds were not tied up elsewhere, I would have jumped on it.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I got the itch last September when I got my first 357, a S&W 19 4” and then I got a Rossi 92 and then I got a Ruger GP100 6”. I think one more would have to be a S&W 27. So just remember, you can’t just have one!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I got the itch last September when I got my first 357, a S&W 19 4” and then I got a Rossi 92 and then I got a Ruger GP100 6”. I think one more would have to be a S&W 27. So just remember, you can’t just have one!

I have a gorgeous S&W 19-3 snubbie that I picked up with box, papers and unopened tool pack. Nice!

I'm afraid to leave the house with it, so I pack my S&W 66 stainless snubbie, first model.

Highly recommend the 66 to JHE1956!

Last edited:

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I have a gorgeous S&W 19-3 snubbie that I picked up with box, papers and unopening tool pack. Nice!

I'm afraid to leave the house with it, so I pack my S&W 66 stainless snubbie, first model.

Highly recommend the 66 to JHE1956!

My S&W 19 is also a dash 3 with the 3 T’s, target sights, trigger and hammer. I did not get the box or anything else with it but it is in great condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom