• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Now you have me wondering. It's been a while since I had one apart. I know there was a chunk of pot metal cast to the barrel that held it in place and my memory wants to say it was attached to the S/N lug but I'm probably wrong.

I may be wrong too. I did some research on line a while ago about threading the barrel on my 9mm Hi Point (i have a can in jail), and i thought i read they were removable. I was looking at Tornado Tech to do threading.

I'll dig in some more and find out for sure

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I just found out that Hi Point is finally making a 10mm carbine. I cant wait for this thing to hit the market, its going to be an awesome deer rifle for the thick woods i hunt in :party29:

Not sure the 10mm can reach the minimum muzzle energy requirements of a rifle in the Hi Point. I know it will work; just not sure it meets MD's arcane and outdated regulations.

Rifles used for deer hunting must use ammunition developing a muzzle energy of at least 1,200 foot pounds.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    True. Even the boutique ammo is only around 750foot pounds out of a pistol. Should do better in a rifle but not that much better.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Chevellnut and I just came back from the Big 3 East event and the IV8888 shoot and we had a chance to shoot the Just Right 10mm carbine.

This was my first time shooting a Just Right Carbine and i have to say, i really liked it. The 10mm carbine is the ticket. Now i just need to get my hands on one :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 464

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I have the Hi-Point Carbine in 40 S&W. Nice gun! I have beaucoup brass because the local police dept. uses 40 S&W and doesn't pick up their brass.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Chevellnut and I just came back from the Big 3 East event and the IV8888 shoot and we had a chance to shoot the Just Right 10mm carbine.

This was my first time shooting a Just Right Carbine and i have to say, i really liked it. The 10mm carbine is the ticket. Now i just need to get my hands on one :thumbsup:

My father has the 9mm its an exceptionally simple, effective gun. Probably going to get one sometime this year either in 9mm or .45 but a 10mm conversion kit would be tempting.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Exactly 6 months after the OP i picked up my 10mm from Gary at High Rock.

I went straight from his shop to the range and shot a few mags out of the gun. I actually like this Hi Point much more than the 45 and 9mm. More power than the 9mm and softer recoil than the 45

Stay tuned and we will do a full review :party29:

https://instagram.com/p/Bgeh_jhhrHj/

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Exactly 6 months after the OP i picked up my 10mm from Gary at High Rock.

I went straight from his shop to the range and shot a few mags out of the gun. I actually like this Hi Point much more than the 45 and 9mm. More power than the 9mm and softer recoil than the 45

Stay tuned and we will do a full review :party29:

https://instagram.com/p/Bgeh_jhhrHj/

I’m looking forward to the review.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Its a shame highpoint went with custom mags when they started out instead of using 1911 mags. A 10mm carbine and 10mm 1911 that could share mags would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom