• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffball

Jan 6, 2017
    Harford County
    I'm in my 30s, born and raised on the eastern shore.
    Software enginner by trade, currently more of a stay at home dad.
    My wife and I moved back to Maryland in 2016, prior to that we were in CT for 3 years and CA for 4 years.

Working in the software industry in both CA and CT, I learned very quickly how taboo it is to even mention any interest in guns in deep blue states.
    For the most part I just keep the hobby to myself and shoot on private land.

I've lurked on this forum for a few years and finally made an account about a year ago, but have been hesitant to post out of fear for repercussions down the road.

Both CA and CT felt like complete lost causes for 2A, in both laws and culture.
    After coming back to MD I felt the same way.
    That all we can do is enjoy what we have as our rights get whittled away year after year.

Quite frankly I'm fed up.
    We all know they try to make gun laws as cumbersome and complicated as possible to discourage firearm ownership.

My Wife and I initially considered just settling down in WV (her home state), but decided we're sticking it out here in MD for the foreseeable future.

I realize that with an elected dem supermajority year after year the odds of positive change for 2A is probably a lost cause.
    But if I'm going to be here long term I might as well fight while I can.

My question to you guys, what is the best way to fight?

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    I heard about this last round of laws and just shake my head. This state just won't stop. Literally there are folks here that know I am a really good person and military police background and they would feel less safe if I had a gun, when I think most of you would feel safer or at least fine with it. This tells me their fear isn't rational and I can't really argue with that. These are voters and lawmakers.

Glad to hear from you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You will shortly recieve an invitation to join MSI , please do so, and also generously donate to their dedicated fund for Lawyer Expenses for not just one, but two current Federal lawsuits to protect our 1A and 2A rights.

I will extend an invitation on behalf of the Patriot Picket to come join in one of the activities to hold signs, and have conversations with the public. For the remainder of the MGA Session , we will be in front of the State House ( generally speaking) every Monday evening. Bring yourself, Mrs Duffball, and any little Duffballs , if they are available .

Please look into the DINO movement. In super majority Democrat areas , the Democrat Primary is generally the only election , with the thing in November being a rubber stamp formality . Use the Dem Primary to variously as appropriate to :

Punish specific Dems, if only because their replacement Dem won't have clout or important Committe Assignments.

Vote for least worst Dem .

Or vote for Dem most vulnerable to a Rep challenger.

Join or Upgrade NRA membership . We have our disagreements with the Big NRA over strategy, but our state level Lobbyist, and they have been helpful to us behind the scenes.

Donate to SAF , to support their litigation around the country. Even when not directly in Maryland, they set important precedents.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 162

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    Welcome from Perry Hall, Maryland.. right down the road from you.

The advice below is great advice and I'm on my way to completing many of the same actions/steps.. it's a good path to getting involved and informed

You will shortly recieve an invitation to join MSI , please do so, and also generously donate to their dedicated fund for Lawyer Expenses for not just one, but two current Federal lawsuits to protect our 1A and 2A rights.

I will extend an invitation on behalf of the Patriot Picket to come join in one of the activities to hold signs, and have conversations with the public. For the remainder of the MGA Session , we will be in front of the State House ( generally speaking) every Monday evening. Bring yourself, Mrs Duffball, and any little Duffballs , if they are available .

Please look into the DINO movement. In super majority Democrat areas , the Democrat Primary is generally the only election , with the thing in November being a rubber stamp formality . Use the Dem Primary to variously as appropriate to :

Punish specific Dems, if only because their replacement Dem won't have clout or important Committe Assignments.

Vote for least worst Dem .

Or vote for Dem most vulnerable to a Rep challenger.

Join or Upgrade NRA membership . We have our disagreements with the Big NRA over strategy, but our state level Lobbyist, and they have been helpful to us behind the scenes.

Donate to SAF , to support their litigation around the country. Even when not directly in Maryland, they set important precedents.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    Welcome from Denton! Consider attending the Patriot Pickett Monday evenings in Annapolis. Directly engage your Delegates and Senators.

Casey39r

BANNED!!!
    Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland
    I'm From Harford County and I shoot at Elk Neck State Park. Let me know if you want to go and pop some caps.

ELK NECK STATE FOREST
    SHOOTING RANGE REGULATIONS
    1. All shooters must have a valid range permit in possession, or have paid the daily admission.
    2. Annual Permit is valid from date of purchase through December 31 of the year issued.
    3. All shooting must be done in a safe manner and only at designated areas.
    4. All targets stands must be free-standing. Targets must not be fastened to or leaned against baffles or
    support posts.
    5. Center of target must be 54 inches off of the ground.
    6. Only paper targets may be used on pistol and rifle ranges.
    7. Targets must be in direct line with the shooter to avoid cross fire and errant rounds.
    8. All target stands must be removed from premises after use.
    9. Clay targets are restricted to the Skeet Range.
    10. No shot shells for patterning. Shot shells may only be used at the skeet area.
    11. No shooting at baffles or supports posts.
    12. No automatic weapons.
    13. Semi-automatic fire limited to one round per second.
    14. Pistols and Revolvers of any type are restricted to use on the Pistol Range.
    15. Users must shoot from the benches supplied at rifle range. No free standing or prone shooting.
    16. Tracer rounds, Incendiary rounds and Explosive targets are prohibited.
    17. Firearms are to remain at the firing line or in designated holders and may not be worn on person at
    any time on the way to or from the ranges, and during use of the ranges.
    18. A “cease fire” or line clear must be called prior to going down range. Mandatory “cease fires” will
    be called at 25 and 55 past each hour.
    19. When shooters are down range, all firearms are to be unloaded and all breeches open. Firearms are
    not to be handled.
    20. Children must not be left unattended.
    21. Alcohol and all other controlled dangerous substances and their use are prohibited.
    22. Pets are prohibited.
    23. All hulls, brass, and spent cartridges must be picked up and removed by individual user.
    ELK NECK STATE FOREST (410) 287-5675 Emergency 911 or 1- 800-825-PARK

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom