Caveat emptor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 974

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    As is typical of most gun safe, this has no UL, JIS, or any other rating. It is simply a private labeled, mass-produced piece of junk that is so very common in today's market. Better than nothing, but not much....

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    So the lesson learned here is this guy went cheap on the safe. The firearms and accessories that he lost were valued at about 40 TIMES what he paid for the safe.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've mentioned it many times, Safecracker can find you a real safe way better than ones bought in big box stores. While no safe is perfect, what I got from him makes me relax while I'm not home. Please talk to him, the prices aren't much different than "shiny" safes.

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    So they didn't attempt the door. Went straight for the sidewall. Looks like they used a grinder? If they were in and out in 10 minutes... Makes me think they knew there was a safe in the house. 2nd attempt on the house? I don't believe that Darnell the neighborhood petty thief just waltzed in and hauled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Yikes!!
    I totally agree that one needs to have a home alarm service along with their QUALITY safe.

I won't trust my safes 100% without my alarm system(s).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    10 minutes. Damn!

Fortress is 14ga walls I think. May as well be cardboard if someone wants in, and has some idea how I suppose.

Hard to know where the line is drawn with these "safes" between a somewhat viable deterrent, and a decoration. All ears Safecracker.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That's a shame. I have seen videos online of those type of safes being tipped over onto their backs and pried open with digging bars.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So they didn't attempt the door. Went straight for the sidewall. Looks like they used a grinder? If they were in and out in 10 minutes... Makes me think they knew there was a safe in the house. 2nd attempt on the house? I don't believe that Darnell the neighborhood petty thief just waltzed in and hauled out.

This. The person or persons had to know about it and was prepared. I am not disagreeing with Safecracker at all, but this was not a simple smash and grab. It was planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom