• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    ahh, what if they changed it to read: maximum capacity of 1 when used in the commission of a crime of violence. Subject to a mandatory minimum penalty of 20 years in the big house.

then they could leave the law abiding alone.....

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    What the hell is the last part of the bill mean? If you commit a FELONY with a magazine capacity over 10 then you commit an additional MISDEMEANOR ? WTF is this?
    So if I want to rob a bank i better use a single stack 1911 so I don't commit a misdemeanor in addition to the FELONY!!

If current mags that you own are grandfathered, then if you commit a felony with it....

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    That will make about half of my handgun inventory illegal to sell with the supplied magazines, and most of those guns don't have a 10 round mag option.

I'm sure people will still be able to use them....one bullet at a time, except criminals who or course not effected by this law.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    NO BACKING UP until it is voted on, and signed into "law". We can't give them an inch, for as we already know, they will take a mile. The propaganda wing (the "press") is framing the debsate here. 20 rounds is STANDARD CAPACITY.30 rounds would be an acceptible position. Write... Call. Don't back down. No compromise. Compromising with progressives will result in losing. They operate "by any means necessary" to achieve their ends. We should too.

My increasingly cranky 2 cents worth

Jesse in Rockville
    2nd generation NRA life member
    GOA member

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    That will make about half of my handgun inventory illegal to sell with the supplied magazines, and most of those guns don't have a 10 round mag option.

That is the sad part about this. It WILL affect local businesses such as yours and it will cause a financial loss to you.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    NO BACKING UP until it is voted on, and signed into "law". We can't give them an inch, for as we already know, they will take a mile. The propaganda wing (the "press") is framing the debsate here. 20 rounds is STANDARD CAPACITY.30 rounds would be an acceptible position. Write... Call. Don't back down. No compromise. Compromising with progressives will result in losing. They operate "by any means necessary" to achieve their ends. We should too.

My increasingly cranky 2 cents worth

Jesse in Rockville
    2nd generation NRA life member
    GOA member

This. We cannot let up, even if the odds are stacked against us.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    I just sent one.
    Is it wishful thinking to think it may do any good?

Thank you.

Don't stop doing it and we have to fight this through all lawful and legal means. Your voice does count - we can't sit back and take it.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    That is the sad part about this. It WILL affect local businesses such as yours and it will cause a financial loss to you.

Crap, I wish I'd mentioned that sepecifically in the emails. That's something that Maryland politicians actually understand... oh well.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Ana Sol Gutierrez?
    (born January 11, 1942 in El Salvador)

Voted in favor of in-state tuition for illegal immigrants in 2007 (HB6)
    Voted in favor of increasing the sales tax by 20% - Tax Reform Act of 2007(HB2)

220px-Ana_Sol_Gutierrez_28200729_zps59b33d99.jpg

Ana Sol Gutierrez is strongly allied with CASA of Maryland in support of a system whereby the default Maryland Driving Permit will not conform to the standards mandated by the Real ID Act, and may be issued to illegal aliens.
    She favors the issuance of a special ID which will conform to federal standards which would allow the bearer to enter federal buildings, board planes, and engage in other transactions which require identity cards conforming to the standards set out in the Real ID Act of 2005.[2] She opposes a two-tier licensing system which would issue driving permits to undocumented immigrants, but which would not conform to the Real ID standards which would be the default for Maryland driving permits issued to qualified Marylanders, because "n this climate, that's a scarlet letter".

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

I'm sure people will still be able to use them....one bullet at a time, except criminals who or course not effected by this law.

PLEASE show up on gun bill day and testify to this. Bring a couple other FFLs too. Oh and if you can create a financial analysis with fancy graphs and charts, the libs love numbers. Show them how much tax revenue you generate for them.

Angus

Jun 14, 2012
    Lusby, Md
    If this passes what is are they going to ban duc tape, electricians tape and epoxy. The WWII era GI's did this. In any good public library pictures of this can be found.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I wrote on this one too... Gonna have arhritis by the time I'm done, but keeping up the fight. I wish I could go to Annapolis with you guys, but I will not be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom