• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Should be some nice upgrades to the Metro coming in the next few years. New trains, nicer stations, hopefully help grow the OM shopping area.

Now if only they would raise fares to cover the operating costs. Taxpayers should not have to subsidize mass transit.

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    Mass transit is a perpetual loser. Its funding comes from the Transportation Fund. Interestingly enough the gasoline tax that you pay at the pump for road repairs goes into this fund - and gets sent to the abyss of mass transit. :mad54:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    With the influx of section 8 and programs that are government funded that bluntly advertise moving poor African Americans into wealthy white neighborhoods it's only a matter of time.

I'm not sure how Elderburg looks but Hampstead and onward north have a influx of folks without vehicles that are now walking or calling a cab to get around.

It's only a matter of time before this "issue" is "fixed" and some sort of public transportation comes around.
    I'm from Hampstead. Lived here or near here for almost 50 years. Not sure what you're referring to. No public transportation anywhere near here, still pretty rural from here "on North". Don't think I've ever seen a taxi at all other than some elderly folks or senior citizen shuttles. Even my townhome neighborhood that was turning into a scumbag Whiskey Tango renter Mecca (not an indictment on all home renters - just THESE renters) a few years back has turned back around into a young professionals homeowners' neighborhood again. The only folks I ever see walking everywhere (other than tons of dog & baby walkers) are the handful or so of weirdo black trench coat kids walking to or from McD's.

I will agree that about 5 years ago the Hampstead to PA line - route 30 corridor was literally flooded with illegal migrant workers. I'm not sure what happened but I barely ever see one any longer (boy that sounds racist - sorry if it does).

Not saying you're wrong. Lord I HOPE you're wrong. I've lived here 24 years and I'm just not seeing that. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention???

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm from Hampstead. Lived here or near here for almost 50 years. Not sure what you're referring to. No public transportation anywhere near here, still pretty rural from here "on North". Don't think I've ever seen a taxi at all other than some elderly folks or senior citizen shuttles. Even my townhome neighborhood that was turning into a scumbag Whiskey Tango renter Mecca (not an indictment on all home renters - just THESE renters) a few years back has turned back around into a young professionals homeowners' neighborhood again. The only folks I ever see walking everywhere (other than tons of dog & baby walkers) are the handful or so of weirdo black trench coat kids walking to or from McD's.

I will agree that about 5 years ago the Hampstead to PA line - route 30 corridor was literally flooded with illegal migrant workers. I'm not sure what happened but I barely ever see one any longer (boy that sounds racist - sorry if it does).

Not saying you're wrong. Lord I HOPE you're wrong. I've lived here 24 years and I'm just not seeing that. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention???

I've seen several as I'm heading south. Several on the by-pass and even more on Rt. 30.

I would also say with Uber and Lyft it's likely taxi's aren't being called as often however I've seen them more and more.

As for the walkers I've seen they are all over Main Street in a town just north of you. I haven't seen any taking the super hilly walk towards the Wal-Mart recently but have in the past. I think once they realize it how much it sucks they find another way.

I've also seen a line of cars waiting at the last bus stop on Rt. 30 at Butler Rd. I believe they would be waiting for the bus to drop someone off and drive them north where the bus (thankfully) doesn't go yet.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I've seen several as I'm heading south. Several on the by-pass and even more on Rt. 30.

I would also say with Uber and Lyft it's likely taxi's aren't being called as often however I've seen them more and more.

As for the walkers I've seen they are all over Main Street in a town just north of you. I haven't seen any taking the super hilly walk towards the Wal-Mart recently but have in the past. I think once they realize it how much it sucks they find another way.

I've also seen a line of cars waiting at the last bus stop on Rt. 30 at Butler Rd. I believe they would be waiting for the bus to drop someone off and drive them north where the bus (thankfully) doesn't go yet.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a better eye out now.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The place will be called Mill Station.

Costco will open late 2018.

AMC theaters is staying open. Renovation will be started. Stadium seating will be in all theaters.

"Retail stores with good pedestrian access".

Early 2018 for tenant list.

Kevin Kamenetz was there. I wish I would have had a bottle of syrup of ipecac for when he was glad-handing.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Thread revival.....

Found this in financial news today, for Mill Station.

Kimco Realty Corp. announced today that Giant Food, a subsidiary of Ahold Delhaize USA, will occupy 66,450 square feet at Mill Station, the company’s $108 million Signature Series development in Baltimore County, Maryland, on the site of the former Owings Mills Mall. Giant, a preeminent grocery banner in the Mid-Atlantic region, will join previously announced anchors including Lowe’s Home Improvement, Marshalls, HomeSense, Burlington, Five Below, AMC Theatre and Costco, which is set to open next month. With the addition of Giant, the 621,000-square-foot open-air shopping and lifestyle destination is now approximately 90% leased.

Giant Foods does not compare to a Wegman's. However there will be a likely sizable group that doesn't want to negotiate Painters Mills and it's completely stupid traffic light setup. This will be more convenient and have more "basics", as opposed to Foundry Row.

Personally, I want it to work, I have holdings in Kimco Reality.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why did the original mall fail and what has changed?

Regular end of brick and mortar retail-ness. The building was tired, the same stores were there for decades and the neighborhood changed, people with expendable income moved farther away. Towson Town Center kept renovating and beautifying itself and sucked a lot of business away

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom