• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    In order to get it to the states they had to put a larger but pad on it, and increase the barrel to 16" which it reached 26". I got a TAR 16.5 before FSA I will not get one unless I move out of the state or the law is changed. Getting one at 29" is having a lot of barrel sticking out the front and makes the rifle a moot point. Same goes for the PS90 in order to get one I will build a AR-57.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    In order to get it to the states they had to put a larger but pad on it, and increase the barrel to 16" which it reached 26". I got a TAR 16.5 before FSA I will not get one unless I move out of the state or the law is changed. Getting one at 29" is having a lot of barrel sticking out the front and makes the rifle a moot point. Same goes for the PS90 in order to get one I will build a AR-57.

Agreed.

What good is a short bullpup, if you have to make it longer. I think this part of FSA2013 (SB281), should be amended. So much wrong in that bill.

PS90 is a fun shooter.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Tavor X95 =26.5" plus Saker MD=2.9" might just make the 29" cut and have silencer capable...M2Cs

We just need some 18" barrels, then add suppressor mounts and we would be fine, no ban state crap though. I'm pretty sure that 2.9" is the OAL of your Saker mount, that means your only going to get 1.5-1.75" of added length when attached to the barrel. You probably would end up needing another inch or so to get to the 29" mark......

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    GD, it was a thought, what if the TAVOR 18" can be transferred over?

The internals "might" be similar...being it is the next Gen...?

I guess I will just have to settle for the first Gen until they might configure it for it for MD...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    GD, it was a thought, what if the TAVOR 18" can be transferred over?
    I don't believe it is compatible. Even if it could, the price would be too expensive... a barrel kit from IWI is $450, and you'd still need to invest another $150-$200 in perma-pinning your suppressor mount.

Further, I don't expect IWI will make 18" barrels for the X95. My understanding is that the models of the Tavor SAR with 18" barrels didn't sell all that well.

I guess I will just have to settle for the first Gen until they might configure it for it for MD...
    What I'm hoping for are 20" barrels, which should be possible if they make them on their CHF machine. These would get us over the size hump and provide genuinely meaningful velocity improvements.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The stupid 29" rule ruined it for me. I want one with a really short barrel. Around 21"... but I'll have to move to a free state to get one.

I'll get a Tavor in a heartbeat if we win the suit against the State and can toss out this "copy cat" BS.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I don't see how there sales were low on the Tavor in general, I get weekly emails from IWI and they met a 50,000 sales number on just TAVORS in the USA...just since its release in the US. I would think that a decent percentage were 18"...and from what I've read the TAVOR Gen I is not going away because even though it is aged in relation to its original release the US market has a big impact and X95 is just a continuation because it a newer version and it will sell in the US...

Its just that we have a STUPID LAW on the Books limiting Marylanders from Purchasing it...I mean they did have a specific Target Models, so I don't see them not addressing that area...Sales are Sales, I would think....

The Same goes for the MDT Bullpup...and I heard they are also coming out with a longer Barrel, but yet to see that happen...

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I owned one of the 16in versions and sold it. In doing drills it was hard for me to get used to the controls compared to my ar skills. Mine shoot fine just didn't want to go to the trouble of relearning motor skills since I already had a boat load of ar's including SBR and pistol versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom