• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I am at the corner of Midcounty and Shady Grove. I am open to a gun fun Sunday. I have a new AR that I'll be picking up from my FFL in a couple of days. I also have a couple of handguns that I alternate shooting.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    new shooting range

Alas, it's in Manassas, VA but this place just opened up... all the nice ranges are in VA. https://www.facebook.com/EliteShootingSports Just LOOK at their facility! I'm in Mont Co like many of you. I have just started shooting and I've been to Gilbert, Blue Ridge Arsenal and the NRA range. I like the NRA range, FWIW. I have a 223 DelTon, CX4 9mm and now that I have my license to exercise my 2A rights in the Constitution, I plan to get a 9mm hand gun in the next few days. Anyone interested in going there or the NRA range?

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:Delmarva clays eastern shore.$ 20 shoot 362 days a year. 2 pistol ranges. Can shoot up to 500 yards.Range people are cool.No food.12 miles from salisbury.Long drive but worth the trip.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Same situation. Love close to Gilbert's but not a range I'll go to again. Nra range in Fairfax is definitely worth the drive!

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Izaak Walton BCC in Poolesville is nice but AGC in Marriotsville is where I go too. It's worth the drive and for me Poolelsville is almost as far as AGC. I think it would depend on where you live in MC.

pakinmd

Feb 19, 2014
    Good Info - Bad attitude

AGC is about an hour from you. $150 + club fees (usually around $30) /year but you will never wait for a lane ever again. Comes out to $15 a month and extremely worth it.

What and where is AGC? I usually drive all the way to On Target in Severn.

BTW - I'm a Democrat, and a gun owner. Your tagline is kind of non-sequiter, no?

Paul

pakinmd

Feb 19, 2014
    Another good range

Alas, it's in Manassas, VA but this place just opened up... all the nice ranges are in VA. https://www.facebook.com/EliteShootingSports Just LOOK at their facility! I'm in Mont Co like many of you. I have just started shooting and I've been to Gilbert, Blue Ridge Arsenal and the NRA range. I like the NRA range, FWIW. I have a 223 DelTon, CX4 9mm and now that I have my license to exercise my 2A rights in the Constitution, I plan to get a 9mm hand gun in the next few days. Anyone interested in going there or the NRA range?

Don't know where you live, but On Target in Severn is a great place too.
    Paul

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    so-so expereince @ On Target

Don't know where you live, but On Target in Severn is a great place too.
    Paul

Wife and I went to On Target for the first time on the Monday holiday yesterday. There appeared to be a lot of off duty police shooters there.

They have the targets on a cable. So you get to practice hitting a moving target because they tend to bounce up and down. The lighting in the target area was not very good either. It's also a short range. We didn't know any better and brought our .223 AR 15. Which they had me leave it with them at the counter while we were in the range. We didn't shoot it but they did let us take the 9mm carbine into the range. We just shot our 9mm handgun. We'll probably just go back to the NRA range, even though it adds an hour to the total range trip time.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Same situation. Love close to Gilbert's but not a range I'll go to again. Nra range in Fairfax is definitely worth the drive!

Same thing I've been doing. Having to buy ammo at inflated prices, plus the fact it may be a brand your gun won't eat well is not very appealing. Add to that the "check out" process at Gilbert's is just a total "CF". At NRA you finish, you leave. Pay the man before you start, easy. Much nicer range in addition.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Wife and I went to On Target for the first time on the Monday holiday yesterday. There appeared to be a lot of off duty police shooters there.

They have the targets on a cable. So you get to practice hitting a moving target because they tend to bounce up and down. The lighting in the target area was not very good either. It's also a short range. We didn't know any better and brought our .223 AR 15. Which they had me leave it with them at the counter while we were in the range. We didn't shoot it but they did let us take the 9mm carbine into the range. We just shot our 9mm handgun. We'll probably just go back to the NRA range, even though it adds an hour to the total range trip time.

Try AGC, that might make you happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom