• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I looked and looked but couldnt find what info I was looking for so here is my post.

I'm thinking about doing 300 blkout and Sbring it as well. I've read that a 9inch barrel is pretty ideal for 300 blk suppressed due to all the powder burnt off quickly. But Maryland and all its glory has the OAL of 29". So would a 10.5 barrel be too much and not work properly? I have a SDN-6 can that I will be attaching to it as soon as it's out of NFA jail.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Jmike, be careful with your can selection. Some will not recommend going below 10''. I'm shooting a Rainier 10.5'' Ultramatch with a YHM Phantom 762 LTA. It is a tack driver(when I'm having a good day), but recommends not going below 10" barrel.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I looked and looked but couldnt find what info I was looking for so here is my post.

I'm thinking about doing 300 blkout and Sbring it as well. I've read that a 9inch barrel is pretty ideal for 300 blk suppressed due to all the powder burnt off quickly. But Maryland and all its glory has the OAL of 29". So would a 10.5 barrel be too much and not work properly? I have a SDN-6 can that I will be attaching to it as soon as it's out of NFA jail.

There have been a couple of other threads about this bouncing around here. Like Clandestine said, a 10.5" bbl will get you to 29" with just about any stock, easily. If you go shorter than that and pin and weld a muzzle device, same deal.

I wanted an 8.5" bbl (which is about the length that the round was developed for) but I didn't want to pin and weld a muzzle device. The only way that I found to get there was with a VLTOR A5 buffer tube (my tube is actually from BCM, but same deal) and a Magpul ACS-L stock with the 0.75" extended butt pad. This puts me right at 29" OAL without a muzzle device. Kind of annoying because I originally wanted to run a lighter stock, but it is what it is, and I have basically the rifle I wanted.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I used a 10" barrel, standard tube and the Magpul extended butt pad on a CTR stock and I just made it. I shoot it with a Saker 762 on it with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom