• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Can't seem to register with the ATF to E-file. I'm using the latest version of Safari and when I get to User ID it is automatically filled out with the first letter of my first name the first four letters of my last name and then numbers. I can't change that the information in that box and it seems to not like what is chosen.
    Password seems ok. Not sure if I need to use a different browser. I've tried from my phone and the same thing happened. Help!
    Trying to get my first SBR in the pipeline.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Can't seem to register with the ATF to E-file. I'm using the latest version of Safari and when I get to User ID it is automatically filled out with the first letter of my first name the first four letters of my last name and then numbers. I can't change that the information in that box and it seems to not like what is chosen.
    Password seems ok. Not sure if I need to use a different browser. I've tried from my phone and the same thing happened. Help!
    Trying to get my first SBR in the pipeline.

I don't believe you can change your username. You just use what they give you.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don't believe you can change your username. You just use what they give you.

I understand I can't change it, but it won't accept what they are giving me as a username. I've filled everything else out and that box is highlighted in red. The ATF won't accept what it's providing me

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I understand I can't change it, but it won't accept what they are giving me as a username. I've filled everything else out and that box is highlighted in red. The ATF won't accept what it's providing me

Ahhhhh, well that's a doozy. Have you tried logging in with that username/password combination (even though it didn't accept it)?

I'm out of ideas otherwise.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You need to use explorer. I believe they tell you the preferred browsers on the home page.

Chrome and Firefox work sometimes. But will usually kick you out a few times.

It works best with older versions of exploerer.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've tried Safari on my Mac, my iPhone, I.E. on my wife's laptop, and I.E. on my old desktop and none of them worked. I'm starting to think the ATF website is phucked. Why does this stuff have to be such a PITA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I've tried Safari on my Mac, my iPhone, I.E. on my wife's laptop, and I.E. on my old desktop and none of them worked. I'm starting to think the ATF website is phucked. Why does this stuff have to be such a PITA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. Sometimes it just won't let you in. No matter what.

It will work fine tomorrow.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Went thru the same crap with MSP site for annual MG reg. One nite it wouldn't accept Safari, 3 days later it did.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Safari on a mac is hit or miss with the ATF website. I have had 100% success using Chrome on my mac at home to submit forms.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Had to download and use Firefox and finally got registered. What a Cluster Foxtrot. Your government dollars at work.:sad20:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have had no issues with either FF (on the iPhone) or Pale Moon (my primary browser on the pc), but it's a crap shoot at times. The site is quirky, to say the least.. lol

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    When in doubt, clear your browser cache and try again. I can't tell you how many times that's gotten me in (via Firefox (I've never been able to enter the site via IE8)).

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    it really is a crapshoot. When I read your comment this morning, I tried logging in and got a login exception error. Then later today I tried it again with no problems. All i can say is patience and perseverance are necessary in dealing with NFA process or items in general

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    it really is a crapshoot. When I read your comment this morning, I tried logging in and got a login exception error. Then later today I tried it again with no problems. All i can say is patience and perseverance are necessary in dealing with NFA process or items in general

Yup^^^

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Got everything done this afternoon. Filed my first Form 1 for an SBR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom