• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Ahoy,
    As the title states I am looking for the 55 gallon barrels used in USPSA/IDPA to create stage barriers etc.

I can order them online but the cheapest I'm finding is for around $50 each. Where do ranges get them? I assume they are finding them for much less than $50 (if not free).

Tips appreciated. I only need 4 - 6 to keep at our training site.

Thanks,
    T

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I can get you steel drums for free if you can use them.

hmm thank you for the offer. Steel might be a bit heavy to move around the range easily plus I dont know how they might react if hit by a glancing bullet strike. Ive never seen steel drums used at a match.

If anyone has experience with steel drums on the range chime in. If they are a viable option I would be happy to take advantage of the generous offer.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    When I would travel to lower Delaware for work a bunch of places had them. I paid $9 a year or so ago. I didn't look to see where you were so may be a hike.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Ahoy,
    As the title states I am looking for the 55 gallon barrels used in USPSA/IDPA to create stage barriers etc.

I can order them online but the cheapest I'm finding is for around $50 each. Where do ranges get them? I assume they are finding them for much less than $50 (if not free).

Tips appreciated. I only need 4 - 6 to keep at our training site.

Thanks,
    T
    Trevor, check Craigslist in your area for "blue barrels", etc. You can usually find them for $20 or so each, sometimes as low as $5. And as others have said, you may get some freebies at car washes or gas stations with attached car washes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Trevor, check Craigslist in your area for "blue barrels", etc. You can usually find them for $20 or so each, sometimes as low as $5. And as others have said, you may get some freebies at car washes or gas stations with attached car washes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks will check out all of the above!!

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Thanks will check out all of the above!!

We got ours from the local water treatment plant (drinking water). They were getting chemicals used to treat the water in the barrels. Unfortunately for us, they've since switched to larger containers and as ours are getting to the point of needing replacement, we need to find a new source, too. Not sure what the water company in your area uses, could be worth checking. I believe we got ours free for hauling them out of there....

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    good news, the car wash 2 minutes from my house will give me as many barrels as I can use for free! thanks for all the good suggestions on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom