• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Dave MP - You have a work of art there. Love it. I have 2 cold steel versions. Very utilitarian.

I am pleased with the quality. I drive through CC occasionally, and will be working there regularly soon. If you want to see it in person, LMK.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    just picked up an SOG kukri at wal-mart. 20.00. Love the pommel, great rubber grip, love the sawback design, and paper cutting sharp. Also includes a nifty sheath with very secure zipper/ velcro/ button securing.

sogkukri-1024x682.jpg

I have to second this purchase. I picked up 2 of them for my go bag. The saw on top is sharp, as is the blade. For 20 bucks it is one hell of a deal.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    here is a picture of the south african cold steel. Useful and basic, though oddly more expensive than the SOG.

CS97KMSa.jpg

I got one of these Cold Steel blades. But I had to use a file to put an edge on it. The thing cuts pretty good now. But not too impressed with Cold Steel in general.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    So it turns out that the WWII Kukri is not worth enough to pay this year's tuition bill:sad20: It's a great knife, heavy and very well made, so I've cleaned it up, sharpened both of the cutting blades, and will keep it at the ready!

Attachments

• Cleaned up 2.jpg
      Cleaned up 2.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 329
    • Cleaned up 1.jpg
      Cleaned up 1.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 249

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    just picked up an SOG kukri at wal-mart. 20.00. Love the pommel, great rubber grip, love the sawback design, and paper cutting sharp. Also includes a nifty sheath with very secure zipper/ velcro/ button securing.

sogkukri-1024x682.jpg

I have to second this purchase. I picked up 2 of them for my go bag. The saw on top is sharp, as is the blade. For 20 bucks it is one hell of a deal.

This thread is toxic :lol: I picked up one as well from the Quarterfield road Walmart last week. They were just about sold out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom