• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Do you guys eat yellow perch or just C/R? White perch IMHO is the best tasting fish in the bay, but I have never had yellow perch. I know they really aren't related, with WP being a cousin to striped bass but I was just wondering.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    3,100 acres is considered high fence? Never thought about that before. There is some on the nicodemus side, checked some spots today. Cold water yellow perch is delicious.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Do you guys eat yellow perch or just C/R? White perch IMHO is the best tasting fish in the bay, but I have never had yellow perch. I know they really aren't related, with WP being a cousin to striped bass but I was just wondering.

Eat 'em!,they are delicious!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Id much rather eat a yellow perch then a white perch, and Ive ate both.

You can get some nice boneless skinless fillets from a yellow perch, espeically when its a Deep Creek jumbo....

Attachments

• DCLJUMBOPERCH.jpg
      DCLJUMBOPERCH.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 189

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    I have no proof but it always seemed they headed for the flats first. always heard the best catch on the flats before anywhere else. I figured the water warmed faster up there with the shallows.

But the Jobe brothers put so many nets out there us liners have no chance.
    just saying

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Piney run reservoir is loaded with yellow perch. Charteuse jig heads tipped with a nightcrawler always works. Anchor up in front of the coves in about 15-20ft water and you can limit out pretty fast. Only thing that sucks is the fee to launch your boat there and the kayakers think they own the damn place. Ive had them paddle right in between me and the shore line while im bass fishing one idiot even got my line tangled in his paddle and had the nerve to act like it was my fault somehow.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Got some wax worms and heading to liberty tomorrow. Should I just put them on a jig head or use hooks? I haven't caught a perch over 10" in a long time, caught a lot of little ones early in the season last year.

Did ya go fishing?Anything biting?

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I went, only place to fish was off Ivy Mill. It was really shallow. No bites, went down to the little patuxent of 97m nothing. Those wax worms really shrink in cold water,major shrinkage.

Should starting opening up if we get a week of nice weather. Anybody want to meet up let me know.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The boat launch/pier at Waysons corner was jam packed one day last week.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    It was really windy on Sat, walked around the reservoir for a while tried to make some holes! Fished a farm pond, really windy. It is the time to dig worms, I have been getting them so big they are too big to use this early. I have been putting them in the bottom of my beer fridge. Come hot and dry months there none to be found.

I might break down and buy a bit for next year. I have the hand drill.

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    It was really windy on Sat, walked around the reservoir for a while tried to make some holes! Fished a farm pond, really windy. It is the time to dig worms, I have been getting them so big they are too big to use this early. I have been putting them in the bottom of my beer fridge. Come hot and dry months there none to be found.

I might break down and buy a bit for next year. I have the hand drill.

Ever try going out at night with a flashlight and pulling them out of their holes?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Earth worms love love love hay! Break two hay bales into 4 inch segments and lay them flat in a spot in your yard. During the hot months, just spray it with a water hose and it will stay chock full of worms.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    When I was a kid me and my brother would soak the back yard really good then go out with flash lights. We would gather 24 all most every time we did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom