• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    i just picked up my new ruger sr9 from freestate today. also ordered the lower to begin my first ar build. couldnt be happier with the 9 or with freestates service. i just wanted to throw a shout out their way and thank them for their awesome service:party29:

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    had 2 f2fs on the third mag but other than that no issuesnot sure what that could mean but i was using an ammo that i never used before dont how reliable the ammo was i think pmc was the brand

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My SR9c smoothed out after 350 rounds or so and I've been trouble free ever since. Whatever you do, don't shoot Remington UMC. There seems to be a consistent feeding problem with SR9/c's and Rem UMC. My research has led me to believe it has a lot to do with the SAAMI minimum COL they use.

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    My SR9c smoothed out after 350 rounds or so and I've been trouble free ever since. Whatever you do, don't shoot Remington UMC. There seems to be a consistent feeding problem with SR9/c's and Rem UMC. My research has led me to believe it has a lot to do with the SAAMI minimum COL they use.

not familiar with this. what does it mean please

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    not familiar with this. what does it mean please

COL= Case Overall Length

Remington UMC has a consistency problem with the length of their cartridges in certain calibers. Never had a problem with their .32ACP or .32 S&W Long myself, but otherwise I have no experience with heir handgun ammo.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    COL= Case Overall Length

Remington UMC has a consistency problem with the length of their cartridges in certain calibers. Never had a problem with their .32ACP or .32 S&W Long myself, but otherwise I have no experience with heir handgun ammo.

Remington UMC also tends to be dirty. My revolvers very, very rarely spit, but when they do it's usually with Remington UMC ammo.

Nov 19, 2011
    PA
    I have the SR9c and it is an awesome shooter. It eats anything I feed it, Ive never had a single issue yet and I carry it just about everyday for about 2 yrs.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Also watch out for the pin above the magazine release button. They have a tendency to walk out over time. If you need aftermarket parts this is the guy to go to. Not too many other aftermarket manufacturers are supporting the SR series like this guy.

http://www.gallowayprecision.com/

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    had 2 f2fs on the third mag but other than that no issuesnot sure what that could mean but i was using an ammo that i never used before dont how reliable the ammo was i think pmc was the brand

If you didn't completely clean the gun first, that can be expected. They ship guns with more of a preservative than lubricant on them. Once you replace that stuff with proper gun oil, your gun should be 100%.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Aside from the annoying loaded chamber indicator, I love mine. 100% reliable in my hands after several thousand rounds, at least as accurate as I am, and I love the SS finish.

A friend of mine had some issues with it but she was a fairly new shooter and was limp-wristing it.

Ruger just needs to release a carbine that takes SR9 mags and I'll be happy as a clam.

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    If you didn't completely clean the gun first, that can be expected. They ship guns with more of a preservative than lubricant on them. Once you replace that stuff with proper gun oil, your gun should be 100%.

that is more than likely the reason. after i got home i field stripped it just to familiarize myself with it and i thought it looked as though it was filled with Vaseline lol

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery

Agree 100%. Prior to shooting the first time all Rugers require some serious ass cleaning. I took my SR9 down to the firing pin and totally cleaned and properly lubed/oiled it.

sr9q.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    Agree 100%. Prior to shooting the first time all Rugers require some serious ass cleaning. I took my SR9 down to the firing pin and totally cleaned and properly lubed/oiled it.

sr9q.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

im not that good with a gun to take it all the way down to its base components, a field strip is about as far as my knowledge of assembly goes

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    so it had been a while since i ordered my new doublestar lower from freestate and i hadnt heard back from them so i decided to call them to see if they had a date on when it would arrive, apparently there was some miscommunication on their part and it hadnt been ordered ( i think thats what happened anyway i wasnt pressed to get the details) anyway they just earned a customer for life because they didnt have to tell me they messed up i had no idea how long it would take for the lower to arrive they could have just said that it would be in soon and left it at that and placed the order. instead they were honest about the mistake and for me that would have been enough. i didnt ask for anything to make up for it but they discounted the price by 35.00. it normally goes for 135 but they told me they were giving it to me for 100. thats 26% off, incredible service and i have nothing negative to say about them, if you are near whitemarsh you definitely need to check them out, state of the art facilities and service paralleled by none

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom