• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Anyone have the latest on what a three-letter agency Gov Civ needs (or can get) as verification satisfactory to MSP? Is it a VoE? Or that and an SF-50 from any recent personnel action? Whereas contractors have the option to convince an FSO to product exactly what MSP asks for - the path seems less clear for govvies.

VoE should be enough from what I hear from my civ counterparts.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    My understanding is Yes, if the place of employment is that big place on Ft Meade. MSP is aware that employees have the necessary TS.
    I wonder who's butt got chewed on....MSP used to demand proof, not only of clearance, but of actual access to classified info. Most believed it was because they knew it wouldn't be provided and made the perfect excuse for denial.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I wonder who's butt got chewed on....MSP used to demand proof, not only of clearance, but of actual access to classified info. Most believed it was because they knew it wouldn't be provided and made the perfect excuse for denial.

Feds can overwhelm you with paperwork.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Nope, FEDS just said No. State knew that and made demands they knew couldn't/wouldn't be met to deny the applicant.

That is where I am stuck. My security officers when I ask about letting MSP know what clearance I have:

Attachments

• 2ABA6CA0-B185-49C1-9395-098EBC81ED26.jpeg
      2ABA6CA0-B185-49C1-9395-098EBC81ED26.jpeg
      26.5 KB · Views: 361

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    i submitted mine with my VOE, the DD28 states the full name of the agency if you will

BUMP. for those that dont want to search for a while, the DD28 is the civilian version of the DD214 that can prove to MSP that you work where you work since the VOE's arent good enough anymore. if this comment / fact could become a sticky somewhere on the forum that'd be cool lol

best of luck everyone !

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    BUMP. for those that dont want to search for a while, the DD28 is the civilian version of the DD214 that can prove to MSP that you work where you work since the VOE's arent good enough anymore. if this comment / fact could become a sticky somewhere on the forum that'd be cool lol

best of luck everyone !

"DD28... is that the correct form #? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I get surprised every day but I've been in .mil for 40 years as uniform and civ and never heard of it. And it's not listed on the official directives website for DoD forms. Maybe a local agency form#? There is an SF (Standard Form) 28, but that is a surety bond for a GSA contract

https://www.esd.whs.mil/Directives/forms/dd0001_0499/

HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    If one were looking for their DD28, which portal would they use?

"DD28... is that the correct form #? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I get surprised every day but I've been in .mil for 40 years as uniform and civ and never heard of it. And it's not listed on the official directives website for DoD forms. Maybe a local agency form#? There is an SF (Standard Form) 28, but that is a surety bond for a GSA contract

https://www.esd.whs.mil/Directives/forms/dd0001_0499/

DD28 - also known as an SF-50 - "Notification of Personnel Action" notice received for events like a change in pay, cash award, change to retirement allocation, etc.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    DD28 - also known as an SF-50 - "Notification of Personnel Action" notice received for events like a change in pay, cash award, change to retirement allocation, etc.

Very familiar with SF50's. If MSP will accept as VOE, but there is no clearance data on them.

WandC

Feb 10, 2021
    Just browsed at least a dozen pages and the VOE is all that is required for most DoD employees, particularly those at Ft Meade. Contractors are not so fortunate with the letter that was sent to all FSOs instructing them not to provide verification of access or clearance level. This fact may have been mentioned within this thread and if so, apologies for repeating.

Jan 13, 2020
    Contractors are not so fortunate with the letter that was sent to all FSOs instructing them not to provide verification of access or clearance level. This fact may have been mentioned within this thread and if so, apologies for repeating.

I had seen this in this thread I believe (might have been another one), but it seemed to be rumor at the time. Just curious of your sourcing on this? I guess there was a brief window where contractors could have gotten a letter before this came out and got their permits. Lucky them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom