• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I'm a 10mm fan and I have been contemplating a revolver platform in this round for a while, now that S&W started shipping the 610 in 4 and 6.5", I've been looking at these two models specifically. Is there anybody who actually have or shot either of these if not both, who can give any input?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I think both would be excellent revolvers for the 10mm. I have a Blackhawk in 10mm and love it. It wasn't on the roster's approved list so I had to petition the Roster Board to add it as a caliber addition. If you like a single-action don't overlook the Blackhawk. There's also the GP-100 in 10mm but it seems a waste with only a 4.5" barrel when at least a 6" would be better.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Thanks guys your input is much appreciated!! I'm leaning toward the Ruger actually, but because of S&W 610 exclusivity its also an attractive buy.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I had a 610, it's an N-Frame S&W. The Ruger Super Redhawk is a similar sized revolver. Both are big and heavy, both handle the 10mm cartridge, both can be bored out to shoot 10mm Mag. It comes down to personal preference. I will get a 610 this year. I have a Ruger GP-100 in 10mm, it's nice and easier to carry versus the bigger revolvers.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I had a 610, it's an N-Frame S&W. The Ruger Super Redhawk is a similar sized revolver. Both are big and heavy, both handle the 10mm cartridge, both can be bored out to shoot 10mm Mag. It comes down to personal preference. I will get a 610 this year. I have a Ruger GP-100 in 10mm, it's nice and easier to carry versus the bigger revolvers.

Am I correct in stating that the GP-100 unlike the SRH & S&W does not shoot 40S&W even with moon clips? Not that it matters, just curious.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Thanks guys your input is much appreciated!! I'm leaning toward the Ruger actually, but because of S&W 610 exclusivity its also an attractive buy.

Smith and Wesson is re-releasing the 610. It won't be so exclusive for a while. I have a 5" 610 No dash and I love it. I had a redhawk in 41 mag, but didn't care much for it and sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom