• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Gun related, DIY project thread right here.

Day 1:

103zh4i.jpg

25hmg7l.jpg

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So what are you making? Looks like maybe standoffs for a safe?
    Looks like it, then again I'm on the second season of Breaking Bad so who knows :)
    I just ordered some thick Kydex for attempts at making the "Egg Roll" mag carriers, "Kytex" has their version but the egg roll seems more refined.
    Not sure if this is an open thread for random projects OP, at first I thought this was the wrong place for the thread but when I go to the depot I often see things I could make .... got me into reloading.

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    :needpics:

Looks like it, then again I'm on the second season of Breaking Bad so who knows :)
    I just ordered some thick Kydex for attempts at making the "Egg Roll" mag carriers, "Kytex" has their version but the egg roll seems more refined.
    Not sure if this is an open thread for random projects OP, at first I thought this was the wrong place for the thread but when I go to the depot I often see things I could make .... got me into reloading.

Post your gun related DIY projects. And a good explanation of details sometime along the project lifecycle.

And....:needpics:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Post your gun related DIY projects. And a good explanation of details sometime along the project lifecycle.

And....:needpics:

I posted links to pics of my intended project and stated the fact parts were just ordered and due to arrive Sat. I'm not sure what you want me to post pics of given those details.

Good luck with your thread.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Made my own boards this weekend in between baby naps

Almost done

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 548

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Found an awesome log and since I didn't have a chop saw my buddy Jason cut it into coasters for my deck. I'll stain and shellack it tonight!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 628

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Finished up my set this morning. Just framed out the second set but gotta round off the legs and cut the holes. Gonna do a redskins theme for a buddy that just got married!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      42.7 KB · Views: 527

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    I made this Quail feeder from left over pvc I had lying around....they usually waste 1/2 their food in a regular feeder...saw this online...the waste goes down to 10% because they have to put their heads into it so they can't scatter it all over. Oh...I am starting to raise quail as a hobby / meat and egg source and they are a game bird that you shoot soooo.........

Attachments

• Quail feeder.jpg
      Quail feeder.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 535
    • Quail fedder 1.jpg
      Quail fedder 1.jpg
      25.7 KB · Views: 500
    • Quail Fedder 2.jpg
      Quail Fedder 2.jpg
      34.2 KB · Views: 523
    • Quail Brooder.jpg
      Quail Brooder.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 429

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I made this Quail feeder from left over pvc I had lying around....they usually waste 1/2 their food in a regular feeder...saw this online...the waste goes down to 10% because they have to put their heads into it so they can't scatter it all over. Oh...I am starting to raise quail as a hobby / meat and egg source and they are a game bird that you shoot soooo.........

I love the box. No worries with that plastic and heat lamp?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Built these for a buddy. Waiting on the redskins "R" decal to place in the middle of the burgundy. Then shellack and done :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      110 KB · Views: 434

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Up next at the casa is another LED shop light in the garage, a retractable 30 foot extension cord in the garage next to one of the garage doors. I'd like to build a shed in the back yard that is big enough for a snow blower, riding mower and other yard stuff, but that will be a vacation project.

I need to get the reloading room framed and drywalled, so that way I can put up my HK posters, the Challenge poster, and the 2A sign.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Thanks, been learning as I go. Spent most of today making a new front mount and then working both sides to match and fit to the ring.

DSC03018.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

I think the next step will be making another gauge mount that will reach out to the fairing sides as well. Hoping to have it back on the road by Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom