• ...and so much more!
  • jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Cover story on the MSP backlog. After this commercial break., FOX 45

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Sgt said they have 55000 outstanding apps. NICS data declined every month since Dec except for March. The fact that 8-10 weeks is fully within the law for BG checks.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Thanks... I was upset because I realized last night, I no longer get Baltimore channels, only DC local channels... couldnt see it.

Love that the news actually found a decrease in NICS lookups, but supposed increase of background checks being done by MSP..
    Do those NICS checks include the dealers that are doing their own lookups? That makes the MSP NICS lookups even lower.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Of course the number of NICS checks have gone down, the MSP has slowed the number of
    NDs down so the FFL CAN'T do the required NICS checks. One thing that bothers me, I was in one of our IP's business today discussing the "8 day Release" and was told the MSP
    advised them yesterday the current wait if submitted today would be 6 Months! It looks to me like they have a plan and it is working.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    That decrease in NICS checks is pretty damning evidence that wait times getting longer is the direct result of the MSP going slower. We can speculate about whether it's deliberate or it's from growing incompetence, but either way, it's outrageous.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    That decrease in NICS checks is pretty damning evidence that wait times getting longer is the direct result of the MSP going slower. We can speculate about whether it's deliberate or it's from growing incompetence, but either way, it's outrageous.

This. :mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm surprised a local channel would run this story.

Hats off to FOX 45 News.

And it kinda felt Pro2A. Or is that just wishful thinking?

Nice of Clandestine to post it for us.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

If there really is such a thing as Burn-Out, I'm sure they're feeling it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Thanks Chad for the video.

Nice to see a rather sane view of the topic. There were no stabs made at gun owners looking to hoard ammo and build their arsenal rehtoric.

MSP looked a fool. Shame on them. They don't have a media liason to handle this?

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    That cop had no idea what he was talking about. Seemed to be making the story up as he went along. He could have easily said that FFLs can legally release after 8 days, and some are, but some choose not to. He instead said that the MSP had an 8 week backlog, and it was perfectly legal to withhold the firearms for that period.

hyjinx9

May 24, 2013
    Maryland just needs to inforce the laws on the books that are all ready in place but insted they feel the need to make new laws. The MSP are just doing what the big wigs (the ones that sign there pay checks) tell them to do.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    It's a shame that the reporter didn't as the State Police spokesman why MD only entered approximately 65 people in the NICS in the last 10 years: 5 felons and 60 people with mental health issues, but took 10 million dollars in federal money to populate the NICS database. What did MD spend the 10 million dollars on? In the same period, Virginia entered 150,000 names in the NICS. I would imagine if MD really tried really hard that it would be able to find more than 5 felons currently residing in prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom